• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Adding Roll off service to my busines

rolloffman

heil dualift

I would stay away from 40's unless it's for a specific customer who has it on a yearly contract and only loads light materials. It's real easy, no it's extremely easy to overload a 40 with demo or construction debris.

30's will be your most popular for regular C&D customers. You'll need a few 20's for heavy stuff - concrete and asphalt and the occasional customer who doesn't need the larger volume. Our 10's and 15's were only popular with the homeowner business and small remodeling contractors. The money is in the 30's, as far as roll-offs go.

We had a CDU (container delivery unit) bed for our single axle hook that could deliver front load cans. In the garbage business the good money is in the commercial front loads and the real money is in residential routes. Roll-offs fall behind these two in profitability. The front loads and residential routes come with a yearly contract and a steady income ****** which makes it much easier to project your business plan.

Just my $.02 on the garbage industry. Now a landfill is a different league and a different story. If I ever win the lottery, I'm buying a landfill.;)

i know this is an old poet, but can you go in detail why you did not like the Heil Dualift?

dumpsterrent22

Starting a roll-off truck and container business in excavation, grading, and demolition is a promising venture. Here are some expert insights:
  1. Lift Style: Cable lifts are indeed a popular and practical choice for roll-off trucks. They are versatile and can handle various container sizes. Plus, as mentioned, you can often find used containers compatible with cable lifts, potentially reducing costs.
  2. Container Size: Your choice of 30 or 40-yard containers is wise, as they accommodate larger-scale projects. Ensure your roll-off truck's capacity can comfortably handle these containers and that you have a variety of sizes to offer customers.
  3. Truck Selection: When selecting a roll-off truck, consider factors like engine power, transmission, and the capacity to handle the containers you plan to use. You'll also want to consider whether to buy new or used. A well-maintained used roll-off truck can be cost-effective.
  4. Regulations: Be aware of local and state regulations governing waste management and disposal. Ensure your business complies with these regulations to avoid potential legal issues.
  5. Market Research: Conduct thorough market research to identify the demand for your services in your area. Establishing partnerships with construction companies and contractors can be an effective way to secure projects.
  6. Budget and Financing: Plan your budget carefully, accounting for the cost of the roll-off truck, containers, insurance, and any required permits. Consider financing options or loans to cover initial expenses.
  7. Maintenance and Safety: Regular maintenance of your equipment is essential for safety and efficiency. Train your staff on safety protocols and invest in proper safety gear.
By carefully selecting your equipment and considering market demand, you can build a successful roll-off truck and container business in the excavation and demolition industry.