• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A very strange Amphibia excavator in China

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Anyway, I come to here just want to talk and communicate with folks in this field(not politics), let's pay attention to the Heavy Equipment itself. I 'd like to share with you any topic about that. Hope you can understand me.

Very well said Hitch and yes we all understand you.:) That's what HEF is for, so as Hitch said "Let's pay attention to the Heavy Equipment itself" - that's why we are all here.;)

Hi CM1995, thank you for understanding. and I don't wanna be a blasting fuse to begin another dispute, I will be honest and friendly to everyone here. Hope folks here don't treat me as I am Chinse government or China C. Party:)

As said above - "Let's pay attention to the Heavy Equipment itself". Anyone that doesn't want to do that can be shown the door, as we are a private club. :cool2

I think the wheels under the excavator are used to move fast in the road or flat land. it didn't play roles when it is in the water. what do you think?

I could see them being used for that as well as stability while working, like 95iz suggested. And it does look like a dump truck on the same platform with the dumping end towards the excavator, which really doesn't make any sense.:beatsme Do you have any more pictures of this contraption Hitch?

hitch

Occupation
Construcation equipment
I think the wheels may be to aid it in movement on dry land. Those things eat tracks on hard ground because of the sheer surface area of the track pads thus, when all that goes sliding about on gravel or a bit of dirt they wear a lot more than normal tracks... That said I don't see any way of making those wheels steer...:my2c
Interesting post Hitch, I look forward to seeing more of the construction world in China!

Your opinion is with reason, I totally agree. D11RCD
I will let our HEFers know more about construction equipment in China.

hitch

Occupation
Construcation equipment
Very well said Hitch and yes we all understand you.:) That's what HEF is for, so as Hitch said "Let's pay attention to the Heavy Equipment itself" - that's why we are all here.;)

As said above - "Let's pay attention to the Heavy Equipment itself". Anyone that doesn't want to do that can be shown the door, as we are a private club. :cool2

I could see them being used for that as well as stability while working, like 95iz suggested. And it does look like a dump truck on the same platform with the dumping end towards the excavator, which really doesn't make any sense.:beatsme Do you have any more pictures of this contraption Hitch?

I try to search but without any result, but I checked with the manufacture's website, they said the wheels are used to help excavator work under 3.5m water level.

MunkyMayhem

Hitch,

I was working on selling a package of the Amphibious Excavators to Dubai for a customer but I wondered on the dryland transport and it seems to make sense but can you fill me in on any other details of the unit.
With a Doosan as the Excavator was the base Korean or Chinese manufacture? Also did the wheels work independently of the Tracks or were they linked?

Now the science and operator nerd in me comes out. :) Thanks for the photos.