• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A very strange Amphibia excavator in China

hitch

Occupation
Construcation equipment
Hi HEFers, I am hitch from China, I have been here for nearly several years, long time no post(once debate with a HEFer about topic about made in China, hope this folks is still here). I wanna share with you a very strange excavator that it's my first time to see it from one of my friends QQ zone(like facebook in China), and I wanna make friend with HEFers from other countries, everything about China I can share with you.

He took part in a exhibition of hydraulic engineering and one small companies in Fujian province(near Taiwan) showed this, it was configure with a Doosan DX260, I was shocked by their ideas. Anyone know other kind of creation?(or are they original or copy others' model?)

Attachments

• nEO_IMG_1.jpg
    nEO_IMG_1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,553
  • nEO_IMG_2.jpg
    nEO_IMG_2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,706
  • nEO_IMG_3.jpg
    nEO_IMG_3.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,392
  • nEO_IMG_4.jpg
    nEO_IMG_4.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,312
  • nEO_IMG_5.jpg
    nEO_IMG_5.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,316
Last edited:

hitch

Occupation
Construcation equipment
Is the WTF=what the f*u&c(k? I have no idea about most of the abbreviation there, so please spell more~ so that I can figure it out and reply to you.

joispoi

I've seen many promotional video clips and pictures for amphibious excavators, but I've never seen one do an honest day's work. Are these things as useless as they appear?

Bluetop Man

Occupation
farmer
Ridiculous. Give an engineer some money, and he will blow it. Maybe the Chinese will use it to dig out the Three Gorges Dam and right that ecological and social blunder. Or dig a grave for the Chinese Communist Party. Hey, that thing is looking better by the second...

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Is the WTF=what the f*u&c(k? I have no idea about most of the abbreviation there, so please spell more~ so that I can figure it out and reply to you.

Yes Hitch that is the translation of that abbreviation, although HEF frowns on that sort of language.:cool2 I understand the difficulties of a language barrier, having lived in foreign country for a couple of years.:)

Very interesting machine Hitch, thanks for posting the pics. I have seen a few amphibious excavators with the same undercarriage as that machine but I have never seen the auxiliary wheels that raise it up. What would be the reason for adding the wheels?:beatsme

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
Very interesting machine Hitch, thanks for posting the pics. I have seen a few amphibious excavators with the same undercarriage as that machine but I have never seen the auxiliary wheels that raise it up. What would be the reason for adding the wheels?:beatsme

Stability maybe? I also see what looks like a dumptruck with the floats in the back.

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
yeah i have and iam supprised that hitch has not i have seen them working in Hunan in china and also Shanxi sadly no pics , but they do work i have seen them being used for remote areas to clean out small streams and things almost like a dreg and other machines also seen them getting used in the land reclam work in duabi

JGS Parts

Occupation
Owner JGS Machinery
oh and by the way when i saw them working never saw any of them have the wheels on them just wondering if they where made for these models only seen these things getting made since 2002 in china. Also hitch are you sure that is a doosan on it looks much like a local chinese excavator from either Qingzhou or from Xiamen? i would not imagine a chinese manufacture spending the extra money to put a doosan on it.

D11RCD

COPPA Member
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
I think the wheels may be to aid it in movement on dry land. Those things eat tracks on hard ground because of the sheer surface area of the track pads thus, when all that goes sliding about on gravel or a bit of dirt they wear a lot more than normal tracks... That said I don't see any way of making those wheels steer...:my2c
Interesting post Hitch, I look forward to seeing more of the construction world in China!

neilb

Occupation
retired
rubbertracked log skidders

Hi we had log skidders here with rubber tracks they were supposed to be just the thing for our hilly conditions,they worked well but were very hard on tracks and turned out to to be just to expensive to run.
I think the wheels may be to aid it in movement on dry land. Those things eat tracks on hard ground because of the sheer surface area of the track pads thus, when all that goes sliding about on gravel or a bit of dirt they wear a lot more than normal tracks... That said I don't see any way of making those wheels steer...:my2c
Interesting post Hitch, I look forward to seeing more of the construction world in China!

hitch

Occupation
Construcation equipment
Ridiculous. Give an engineer some money, and he will blow it. Maybe the Chinese will use it to dig out the Three Gorges Dam and right that ecological and social blunder. Or dig a grave for the Chinese Communist Party. Hey, that thing is looking better by the second...

Hi Bluetop Man, Last time I have a bad experience with debate topic like this, but I will never do that again. Actually I once worked in US. for more than 1 year and I can understand what Americas look at China, North Korea, Cuba and Vietnam, in terms of economic, China is far better than others, but politics is still the same. I also hate the social system created by CCP here, but can't change any thing right in this time. So I won't talk more about this. Many of the chinese are hoping the change gonna happen in the future but we can't imagine what is the time point.(like the change in Soviet Union break out in 1991).

Anyway, I come to here just want to talk and communicate with folks in this field(not politics), let's pay attention to the Heavy Equipment itself. I 'd like to share with you any topic about that. Hope you can understand me.

hitch

Occupation
Construcation equipment
Yes Hitch that is the translation of that abbreviation, although HEF frowns on that sort of language.:cool2 I understand the difficulties of a language barrier, having lived in foreign country for a couple of years.:)

Hi CM1995, thank you for understanding. and I don't wanna be a blasting fuse to begin another dispute, I will be honest and friendly to everyone here. Hope folks here don't treat me as I am Chinse government or China C. Party:)

I think the wheels under the excavator are used to move fast in the road or flat land. it didn't play roles when it is in the water. what do you think?

hitch

Occupation
Construcation equipment
Is it designed to operate in water or swamps has anyone seen one in actual working conditions?

Yes I think it is used in the water and swamps condition. I have never seen this work in actual, it should be new and I will update the news about its real work.

hitch

Occupation
Construcation equipment
oh and by the way when i saw them working never saw any of them have the wheels on them just wondering if they where made for these models only seen these things getting made since 2002 in china. Also hitch are you sure that is a doosan on it looks much like a local chinese excavator from either Qingzhou or from Xiamen? i would not imagine a chinese manufacture spending the extra money to put a doosan on it.

Hi JGS Parts, looks like you are familiar with China, and Shanxi is my hometown.

I am sure it is a Doosan DX260, actually now more and more China local low tier excavator manufactures(mostly are in *****ong Province) are closing. I believe there will be less than 10 major excavator manufactures within 5 years.

China customers are now not only like the cheap machine but also think lot of the quality and service. And China local brand like Sany Liugong price are higher than Doosan and Hyundai.