• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A tractor with musical talent

Hendrik

this gentle man just showed me why apart from being deaf I can't play guitar,I was given 10 sausages as fingers,
!
Yes but your fingers can play a machine like he is playing the guitar, horses for courses.
My hands should be oiling bikini models............but they are not:(

Claude Hopper

This is a terrific old album. If you're looking for some laid back fine guitar duos . . . look no further.

1239102747_neck_and_neck1.jpg

Sure is nice to have Utube to keep Chet's image alive.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Welcome Claude,now I appears you will fit in with the "old duffers" here on this site as it appears you like pickin music.We were agreed that this album contained two of the finest guitar players to ever fondle the frets, but alas lad showing us a picture does very little for us.
Have a listen to this YouTube - mark knopfler & chet atkins - just one time and lets see if we can draw out Atco and maybe convert a few more to this style of music on the hef

Last edited:

stock

Occupation
Geee Ron I could kiss ya for that link, Her indoors has gone off in a huff to her soaps instead of listening to "that noise"

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I had to listen to it again after I posted the link.You should hear them do "Sweet Georgia Brown".....The song that started this thread.It is on the "Chet Atkins and Friends" album.It is on Freddies site too.Glad you liked it....................how could she walk away from that?LOL.Ron G

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Welcome to the forum as well as "the tunes room" Claude Hopper. :usa

Arguably, a lad from Scotland and a hillbilly from East Tennessee produced for our listening pleasure some of the finest picking for the ears to hear.

Last edited:

stock

Occupation
Is he a neighbour of yours Atco?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Yes,Sir! I live Knoxville , (west side)
I once purchased a Bobcat Bucket, From Atco.
Sold my bobcat years ago, I still miss it..:(

Well, there ya go stock, neighbor he is! Other side of town from me. :yup

Welcome aboard campdoc. That's makes at least 4 of us on forum that I know of from Knoxville. :cool:

stock

Occupation
Sufferin cat fish! another one well at least he has a musical compass pointing him in the right direction.Now Ron the other half want to know where to send the papers as you are being named in the D-I-V-O-R-C-E ,on the following grounds,
1:- Lack of communication, (lack of ability to hear due to Chet Atkins music constantly playin)

2 Mental Anguish and torture (Chet Atkins music playing constantly)

3 Torture (see Item two {her solicitors words})

4 Irreconcilable Differences (She hates Chet Atkins music)

Shoot if I knew it was goin to be this easy I would have done it years ago.

Rob thanks for that link I have has a ball there filling in the gaps in my collection just wish the computer didn't think it knew better and keep squirrelling the music away under different album names.:mad::mad::mad:

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
My lady can't stand it either!!Maybe she is just being kind to me though,she might like it but don't like to hear me play it.LOL.
She has been using my big house as her base of operations for almost twenty years and Chet is here to stay........ya get my drift?I cannot think of one single thing that she is doing that I cannot do myself and I was doing it before she got here.I think that she might cultivate an appetite if she thinks about it a while,you know,focuses on the real issue at hand here.
Lemme see now.................HHHHMMM.....what else can I send you to expedite this thing??
Charlie Byrd plays some fantastic jazz on the classical guitar..........well......I dunno,she might like it though.LOL.Ron G

Last edited:

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
As mentioned somewhere ealier in this thread:

For you Chet Atkins fans, an Aussie by the name of Tommy Emmanuel first saw Chet when he was 7. So inspired was Tommy he went on to be become a "reasonable" guitarist...and in the words of Chet (who he played with many times) and a few other amateurs like Eric Clapton and Joe Satriani..Tommy was the best they ever saw.

Enjoy

YouTube - Tommy Emmanuel - Guitar Boogie

YouTube - Tommy Emmanuel - Classical Gas

YouTube - Tommy Emmanuel- Chet Atkins Tribute- Glasow 2008