1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A day in the woods video series

Discussion in 'Forestry Operations' started by John C., May 25, 2019.

1. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    I ran across this series of videos this morning. It probably is one of the best programs showing and explaining the basic operations of a crew in the woods a few years back in northwestern Washington State. I recommend it to all that have worked in the woods in the past and those that have never been and are curious as to what it is all about. This is the first program and there are eight more that daisy chained when I watched them. It starts in the pickup on the ride up and finishes in the pickup on the ride home at night. Enjoy!

2. Labparamour

Labparamour Senior Member

Where’s all the drama like Ax Men? ;)

I agree- there’s something about the smell of the woods, fresh earth and heavy equipment!
    I’ll watch the remaining clips tonight.

Thanks for sharing.

Darryl

3. Hallback

Hallback Senior Member

Contract logger and cutter
    That is an excellent documentary. It was done in 90/91 IIRC.
    Just good, clean logging.

Mother Deuce likes this.