• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A/C Recharge (without knowing proper quantity)

FSERVICE

The only tool that I have seen is for hvac applications not auto, could you point me in a direction to find it, thanks.

mine is made by FJC.. Ill try get the PN# for you when I find what the %$@$^# I done with my book!! I know its here someplace :)

Last edited:

AndrewC

Thanks fservice, I also own a jb, the 6 cfm version, half the price of the snap on ones and better quality if you ask me. I had one of those air powered ones but it wouldn't pull down past about 20 inches of mercury. Will make the system work but not as well as with a proper vacuum pump.
I just checked snap ons website the have a version of that tool but they want too much money. $180. Ill see what fjc has.

td25c

One thing I noticed about the few pieces of equipment whith A/C we have ( two trucks and a farm tractor) is they all hold around 4 lbs of refrigerant.If Im just adding refrigerant to the system I use a thermometer in the vent duct and when I see 50 degrees F I quit filling .

I forgot to add when working A/C systems dont overlook other simple issues like the condenser & evaporator core's being stopped up with debris,loose fanbelt ,etc.Pretty common problem on farm & construction equipment thats working in the dirt. Also when I am charging up the farm tractor I run the engine at 1800 rpm to help on the air flow accross the condenser.on motor vehicals like cars & trucks it helps to put a large fan in front of the vehical to help the air flow as to simulate highway speed when charging a system.Without good air flow ya aint gettin any cool air.:)

FSERVICE

I found their p/n 2750. It comes up with $140 on ebay. Does that sound about right?

that's bout what I paid.. still haven't had time to find the catalog. it is worth every penny in the time it will save you over the season!!