• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

994F Loader

Haul-Pak

Putting a 994F together as we speak.

The reason why the cab is lower on the 2350 is when loading truck's all you can see is the Hauler's Tire's

Got some info. the other day on Cat future models upsizeing the 994.
first step 996 ?? 52T C-175-16 2400hp mech. drive
second step 996 HL 65T C-175-20 3100hp elect. drive!
Cant wait all sounds exciting !

Yeah Ive heard that rumor as well. Never gonna happen if they dont sort the C175 out.

Dont think they will be made TBH but finger's crossed.

NL1CAT

Occupation
Operator
They (CAT994) have a setting in the Driveline control called Reduced Rim Pull ( 4 position switch) to give max torque without wheel spin!
Yes i know about the rimpull switch .
988 990 and 992 have it also but they are mechanical driven, but i was talking about electric drive.
How to avoid wheelslip on an electric drive loader?

NL1CAT

Occupation
Operator
OOOOOPs Sorry!! Misread your Question.

NP :drinkup

i would think you could use speed sensors (wheel and ground speed) to keep slip to a minimum by reducing current to the slipping wheels.

Yes but that's easier said then done.
because the current is there you must use it on the other wheels or use it up in some kind of resistor.
Or have 4 seperate generators for the wheels to regulate fieldvoltage te reduce current...

Sorry im hijacking this tread better start newone.. :Banghead

Last edited:

dominikat12

In a pulling match who do you think would win L 2350 vs komatsu d575a-3?I can imagine what chain is needed to endure such a titanic pulling force from both machines.My experience is little with big machines but i think that the loader will outpull the dozer because of its 100 tons more weight and really giant tires.Yes the dozer has better traction but still the loader is 2/3 heavier.What do you think?

Tracksoup71

Occupation
Equipment Operator and forman at an open pit Gold
I work in a hard rock mine up here in Alaska. We run the 992s and 994s (along with bigger Hitachi hydraulic shovels). (I can vouge for the oil leaks on a 994...LOL) We've tried electric haul trucks but didn't have much luck with them. The abuse our equipment takes, due to the material (Granite) we're removing and the extream temperature changes through the seasons, it seems the less electrical components and electronics they have the better they last. Unfortunately, everything seems to be going electronic these days, but I'd still rather see a machanical drive train under anything with rubber tires. The only 994's we've had are the old 994s with the conversion to the D model joystick steering. I'd love to get the chance to run a brand new 994D or, if the rumors are true, a 995. I'm also quite fond of the 992G and hopefully will some day get some time in a 992K. She looks like a sweet ride. Tracksoup71

alco

the loader on the left is a 993K mate and the 1 on the right is a 992G i operate both of them.

If you read through the rest of the thread, you'll see that at the time of the picture being posted, Cat was looking at different numbering than they ended up with. So, both of you are right, if you take the numbering at the time into consideration. Basically, originally, the 992G was to become the 991K and the the machine that was to become the 992K is what became the 993K.