• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

994F Loader

Cat Dr.

Occupation
Diesel Fitter
Just thought I'd share a pic or two of the big girls!
We have a 994D, would love to see the F series, hopefully don't leak as much oil but!

Attachments

• 994f3.jpg
    994f3.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 13,816
  • 994f4.jpg
    994f4.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 13,748

Cat Dr.

Occupation
Diesel Fitter
the rock buckets usually do look small, the coal buckets are fairly big but.
Heres another pic of one...

Attachments

• 994F_White1.jpg
    994F_White1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 19,196

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
That's a whole lot of Armoral on those tires.

Cat Dr.

Occupation
Diesel Fitter
Looks like they took two 980 buckets and welded them together... seriously what's the cu yd of that bucket cat dr?

Can't say what size without knowing the part # of the bucket on it, but in the 994F brochure on CAT's website they vary from 18-25 cubic yards for rock buckets (14-19 cubic metres) , and 41 cubic yards (31 cubic metres) for the coal bucket!
Dependent on bucket size and hardware options the operating weight varies from 191 to 195 tonnes
Looks pretty good in the white, until the first hose blows!

rino1494

Wow, I would love to see one of those in person. Biggest loader I saw was a 992.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Too bad they built it backwards like the old hough/case loaders where you sit on the front articulation instead of the rear like everyone else has done.What a miserable configuration that was to run.Ron G

Occupation
Student
WOW!!!:eek: thats a very big bucket.At Bauma 2007 caterpillar will be introduce a new big wheel loader.Has anybody of you have more informations on this new loader?This loader that will be introduce at Bauma 2007 is the
991k.PLEASE,if you have information on this loader,reply me!

THANKS and :notworthy for the cat 994f.

equipment fan:cool2

Woodstock

I Went to our tractor supply co. today and found a magazine called Classic Plant and Machinery it is very interesting. It has a lot of old iron in it and some new. There is a bunch on pictures of the LeTourneau in it and it looks like is does turn from the back, not the front like Case. Some pictures can be decieving to. I Searched Classic Plant and Machinery, but they want you to buy the magazine though.

Cat Dr.

Occupation
Diesel Fitter
WOW!!!:eek: thats a very big bucket.At Bauma 2007 caterpillar will be introduce a new big wheel loader.Has anybody of you have more informations on this new loader?This loader that will be introduce at Bauma 2007 is the
991k.PLEASE,if you have information on this loader,reply me!

THANKS and :notworthy for the cat 994f.

equipment fan:cool2

I'm not 100% sure but I'm led to believe the loader on the left is the 992K, the one on the right is a 992G, allegedly it's in field trials at the moment.

Attachments

• 991k.jpg
    991k.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 13,985
Occupation
Student
Hi cat dr.i see your picture and i believe that it`s the 992k on the left.It`s probably true.Cat as probably made the 992k bigger than the 992g.Thanks for the picture :thumbsup .

komatsukid

Occupation
loader operator/plant forman
i wonder why they did not incorporate the "mono boom" design from the G series into the new K series loader?

Lashlander

Well word has it you will see that system go bye bye. I guess it wasnt as good as it seemed.

I never could see how a boom that narrow could hold up. Theres just to much leverage on the outside the bucket unless your square to the bank. However, I don't think operators would dig harder with one side would they?:)

Last edited:

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Maybe we can talk 991K when it makes its public debute.......keep thinking mono-boom though. :D