• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

973d

xcavate77

Has anyone else seen the new Cat 973D loaders? Pretty nice rig. Just wondering everyone elses opinion.

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
You have to love the new paint schemes that Cat now has, never looked sexier!

Agreed, for the most part, except on the large track-type tractors and the medium wheel loaders (950H-980H). There's hardly any markings on them!

dieselsambo

Occupation
bridge work
Sweet machine

I don't see many around anymore! 10 15 years ago it seem like more contractors used track loaders. Its an totally different animal to run and carry grade etc.

928G Boy

looks beautiful. I hope they all come with single-lever controls or at least a pattern changer (like on newer hoes) so you can switch to wheel loader controls... i never really got too attached to the track loader pattern...

i agree about the new paint scheme... except on the medium sized loaders like the 928s and 930s... too much yellow on the back!

surfer-joe

I liked them better just plain yellow. It does look like Cat did their homework on the undercarriage, looks massive and well protected.

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
I liked them better just plain yellow. It does look like Cat did their homework on the undercarriage, looks massive and well protected.

The track rail links look like the system ones on the new dozers ,but the front idler is still the old style that lets the rail ride on the out edge.Not like the system one idlers where the pin and bushing rides on the narrow center of the idlers.

I supect it is because of all the weight on the front of the machine with the bucket.

Just noticed the links was different!:beatsme:usa

biggixxerjim

Beautiful!!!

You guys are right, it's a whole nother animal carrying grade with a trackloader vs say, a dozer. Id much rather do it in a TL, it's definitely a lost art.

Whats that crap right behind the sproket???

9420pullpan

Beautiful!!!

You guys are right, it's a whole nother animal carrying grade with a trackloader vs say, a dozer. Id much rather do it in a TL, it's definitely a lost art.

Whats that crap right behind the sproket???

this machine is set up for Demo with the cylinder guards and it is a step but it also protects from something coming up the track.

Beachbum0286

Hey pullpan is that sitting at Giles and Ransome in Bensalem. I have been down there recently but didn't see it?

biggixxerjim

The step looks like it is in much of harms way... I could see that thing getting bent and not letting the track turn like it should. Should have put it on the loader arms like the old 63's and 73's.

rino1494

The step looks like it is in much of harms way... I could see that thing getting bent and not letting the track turn like it should. Should have put it on the loader arms like the old 63's and 73's.

They have them on the loader arms also. It looks like you need them on the back to access the motor. Maybe to check the oil ?? Personally, I prefer the step on the track frame.

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
Hey guys I am new here but this thread caught my eye... Does anyone know when the 973D will be out? I currently run a 2007 973C in edmonton right now and I know we are getting a couple new 73's this year but don't know if they are D series or not.

As for the steps... their alright back there on the loader arms. but what I can't figure out is why Cat went back to a single step on the arms. Only our old 73's (pre C model) have a single step and when they go in for a refurb in our shop they all come out with twin steps. The steps on the back that are mounted to the Ripper mounts are great though. I use mine everyday for climbing up on to check my oil first thing.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Burnout! :drinkup

Burnout

Occupation
Why thank you good sir, also I just noticed the second step on the machine... guess I get a whoops for that one.

xcavate77

Burnout, I don't know how many are up for purchase yet but a local contractor has one running now. Sweet rig the operator only had about 14 hrs on it when i talked to him. He said great power but would like a little more top end (they were traveling a long distance, rubber tired would probably been more efficient) and he didnt like that they made the hole in between the upper rollers between the rail and body a little smaller but all in all he was pretty happy. They got this machine early because they get to do alot to testing for Cat.

Burnout

Occupation
Well I am hoping we could get the same treatment... Sureway has the largest fleet of Land Scrapers in Canada and possibly north america. And most of the rest of the fleet is Cat. I want to see one of these new D series machines. We bought 7 973C's last year, mine went back to the dealership because it was a lemon and had no power, 5 others went back for destroyed final drives and the 7th went in for a blown engine, was brought back to the site and within 15hrs blew another engine.

I know this company hasn't been real thrilled with the C series 73's. We still use 11 old style 973's. I was givin a hot rod 73 earlier in the year. Had a brand new 3306 crate engine cranked up to 300hp. She was a great machine except for the lack of actual steering and burning 2 1/2 to 3 tanks of fuel per day sucked.

Attachments

• 01010010Small.jpg
    01010010Small.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,638
  • 01010027Small.jpg
    01010027Small.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,633