• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

973C How to clear diagnostic trouble code

pasinead1991

Hi everyone my name is Patrick I was wondering if anybody could tell me how to clear trouble calls on the 973C. Thanks.

pasinead1991

I have coded 079 0470 12 and 079 0471 12. And 079 0133 07. Found broken wire on charge circuit repaired and still have problem making turns forward right and left reverse.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Having dug a bit deeper into it I would guess that the answer to the question above is that the SERV CODE indicator stays illuminated, because 0470 & 0471 refer to the left reverse and right forward steering solenoids respectively.

pasinead1991

Thank you for your response I wanted to clear codes and see which codes if any return when I operate the machine. Problem I’m having is when reversing to the left it feels like it’s jumping the sprocket which it isn’t and it’s not all the time. Maybe a sticking solenoid

Nige

If SERV CODE stays on then you can't clear the codes. You have to fix the problem first (SERV CODE will then go off) before you can clear them.
What is the S/N prefix of the machine..? I'll find the Troubeshooting procedures and post them for you.

pasinead1991

I noticed when I disconnected other solenoids with the key on and reconnected them those codes that I caused I can’t clear them either. Is that because service code is on the screen.

Cmark

Just to clarify Nige's post above.

As you scroll through the codes, some may have "service code" next to them, others may not. The codes which appear without "service code" alongside are logged codes and can be cleared. The codes which do have "service code" are active and can't be cleared until they have been fixed, at which point they will be logged codes and "service code" will no longer appear.

Nige

And to add another point going on from what CMark said above, your 973C effectively has a Clck Box built-in because it has the Service & Clear switches under the RH arm rest.
Get into the Diagnostic Mode and highlight each of the three Diagnostic Codes in turn. If the SERV CODE light is lit when that Code appears in the window of the display then the particular code is Active and must first be fixed. If SERV CODE does not light up then press & hold the "Clear" switch. The Code should disappear.
On the assumption that all 3 Diagnostic Codes are active here are the Troubleshooting Procedures for them. As I said above the fact that you say you are experiencing problems turning left in reverse leads me to believe that some of the Codes must be Active.

Attachments

• 973C Diagnostics.pdf
    401.4 KB · Views: 10

pasinead1991

I have no active codes since I repaired wiring to charge solenoid did all calibrations still have problem when I have left pedal fully depressed going forward machine stops and charge pressure drops to 0. Do not loose pressure with any other maneuver also still can’t clear any codes. I see codes on display no service code on push on clear switch and won’t clear I must be doing something wrong. You mentioned about high lighting the code.

Nige

Before you can clear any codes the Monitor System needs to be in the Service Mode. See the two documents below on how to do that and how to then clear codes.

Attachments

• Monitor System.pdf
    184.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Diagnostic Codes.pdf
    184.1 KB · Views: 6

pasinead1991

Thank you for that info. Any idea why I’m loosing charge pressure when going forward with left pedal fully depressed turning to left if I reverse with left pedal fully depressed it’s fine and good with right pedal depressed going back or forward.