• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

963 trackloader part id

Cmark

Aaaah! What you've got there my friend is a genuine bodge. Someone has cut the end off the original hose and brazed on a JIC nipple.

jimmy963cat

20180328_122807.jpg

jimmy963cat

The flange on the left side of the pic would not come off the hydraulic hose, the one on the right side came off easily. the flange on the left is ths bottom connection in referrence to pic

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I'm still tying to be sure what we are talking about. Has the S/N ever been posted as I'm am very unsure of what the part number will be without that info. Cat likes to make running changes to things and even if the pictures look close you can still get in trouble. Just cause a model number on hood says one thing and the machine is yellow means nothing.

Maybe this will help is the hose the red one or green one in the picture below?

hoses.png

Cmark

Now, how can I find the part number for that?

A part number for what? The complete hose is 3G6885 and as I mentioned several posts ago, the flange part number can be found in HIS which I don't have. Or try giving some dimensions, we may be able to track it down from those.

Ken, you know me, I will rarely comment without a serial number but in this case, I'm familiar with that particular hose and I'm confident it's the red one we're talking about.

kshansen

Occupation
Just to push the point of a s/n a bit stronger I went to SIS to see how many options just for a 963 they show. And note that this does not take into account any very likely variation within any one of those prefixes listed below.

963 Prefixes.png

I know I may be somewhat a a jerk at times about this but I have been there many times before and have tried to learn from my mistakes as well as those of others!

kshansen

Occupation
Ken, you know me, I will rarely comment without a serial number but in this case, I'm familiar with that particular hose and I'm confident it's the red one we're talking about.

I understand Cmark, you have much more knowledge of these that I did not mean to step on your toes in anyway.

That said I try to take every chance I get to drive home the importance of a S/N and sometimes even that is not enough at least with older machines you can get into the problem of someone making a change after it left the factory. Like someone making one machine out of two or three out in the bush!

Cmark

Absolutley no offence taken mate. And anyway, I always put my safety boots on before coming on here :)

Reactions: DB2

jimmy963cat

I understand Cmark, you have much more knowledge of these that I did not mean to step on your toes in anyway.

That said I try to take every chance I get to drive home the importance of a S/N and sometimes even that is not enough at least with older machines you can get into the problem of someone making a change after it left the factory. Like someone making one machine out of two or three out in the bush!
I appreciate everyones help. You can tell im a novice. Some old paper work i have on hand says SN 6z1409, the loader is 50 miles away. I can check the cat then. It is the red hose.

jimmy963cat

A part number for what? The complete hose is 3G6885 and as I mentioned several posts ago, the flange part number can be found in HIS which I don't have. Or try giving some dimensions, we may be able to track it down from those.

What confused me was one end of the hose was removed like a normal hydraulic hose, the other end would not budge and I had to remove the flange held on with the two 3\8s bolts. Put it in a vise and it still would not come off, now i get that its a customI aftermarket 1 of a kind. I will get the SN tomorrow and use the 3G6885 part number. thanks again for everyones time!

heymccall

6z1409 is the unit serial number, and, that hose is same for all transmission s/n in that tractor.
I have to wonder why the hose picture posted doesn't have the adapter shown, too. Clearly, it won't be used with the Caterpillar part numbered hose.

jimmy963cat

6z1409 is the unit serial number, and, that hose is same for all transmission s/n in that tractor.
I have to wonder why the hose picture posted doesn't have the adapter shown, too. Clearly, it won't be used with the Caterpillar part numbered hose.
There was the same adapter on each end of the hose that was held on with 2 bolts, one end i left the adapter attached and just removed the hydraulic hose, the other end was stuck and had to remove adapter still attached to hose. As pointed out this was a home made solution by previous owner. I assume the new hose will not have removable adapters and be all one piece.

jimmy963cat

Thanks everyone for the help, i wanted to have all info I could before going to the Cat dealer, my first trip there all I wanted to know was what specific fluids I needed for trans, hydraulics, etc. The teenager on the computer could not tell me what I needed, said my machine was to old and the fluid it needed was not made any more and told me to just use common hydraulic fluid for all fill points. I came to this site and searched what I needed and found out that trans was different than regular hydraulic fluid.lol.i have been using this machine for 3 years cleared a lot of land. All prior repairs I have done have been pretty simple but this one had me stumped.. Thanks again all!

kshansen

Occupation
One thing you may need to tell the kid on the parts counter.
If he puts in the 6X1409 s/n into his computer it will say no such machine. Put a "0" in front of the and his computer will be happier such as 06X1409