• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

963 trackloader part id

jimmy963cat

Thanks Nige, I ordered the maintenance and owners manual as soon as we bought the machine. It calls for a fluid that is not made anymore,( t-10 I think it was but not completely sure) that's what sent the Cat parts guy into a tail spin ..

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
If you're talking about TO-2 oil then the modern direct equivalent is TO-4. Even a parts counter germ should know that.........

One thing you may need to tell the kid on the parts counter.
If he puts in the 6X1409 s/n into his computer it will say no such machine. Put a "0" in front of the and his computer will be happier such as 06X1409
Acksherley Ken it needs to be put in as 06Z01409 if the parts kid doesn't want his computer to go on the fritz.........

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
If you're talking about TO-2 oil then the modern direct equivalent is TO-4. Even a parts counter germ should know that.........

Acksherley Ken it needs to be put in as 06Z01409 if the parts kid doesn't want his computer to go on the fritz.........
Well maybe my `puter is smarter than Cat's as when I put in the 06Z1409 in SIS at home it went right in but do notice that the "missing "0" " does show in the number up on the upper left of the page.

But yes SIS and many computer programs can get upset by leaving out a "0" where they expect to find them.

On a side note I can recall when the office clerk at the shop got his first computer many moons ago he could not understand for the life of him why his old habit of using the "O" instead of the"0" when typing a number was causing a problem!

gwhammy

That looks like the one on the front of the hydrostat drive pump that goes from near the top to down on near the bottom. If that's it and I'm sure it is they are a pain to get the bolts to line up on that type flange. I got four studs to put in mine when I replaced it. That way you just slip the flange over the studs and put washers and nuts on. Blind and down in that hole it's in you might want to try that.