• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

96 case 1840 drive motor removal?

Mattc

Trying to remove the rh drive motor and I am running into an issue where the two feed lines go in. The top 45* fitting sits immediately over the lower and doesn’t allow access to the lower line nut. The upper fitting doesn’t have room to come out because of the lower line. Is there a trick to this. Is there a trick to this? Or am I blatantly missing something.

Attachments

• 601C2DFE-B033-4CEA-835C-6630DDD1EA50.jpeg
    601C2DFE-B033-4CEA-835C-6630DDD1EA50.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 15

Vetech63

Loosen the jam nut on the fitting that the hose is attached to. It should give you a bit of room to maneuver around by pushing or pulling on the hose. An angle wrench is your friend on a lot of stuff like this.

Mattc

Loosen the jam nut on the fitting that the hose is attached to. It should give you a bit of room to maneuver around by pushing or pulling on the hose. An angle wrench is your friend on a lot of stuff like this.
I’ll give that a try.