• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

'93 hitachi EX50 URG

ptsm629

Charlie
I have been digging like crazy since I put it all back together. The swing is nice and tight - like it was when it was new. I have been stumping with it for about a week and am going to start digging a foundation next week. The new planetary gears are so precise and tight that during the winter i wasn't able to swing all the way around- it would only go about 90 degrees to either side and then wasn't able to go any more. I am assuming it was because the ring gear shrunk do to freezing temps and there wasn't enough lash in the gears to allow it go. But before winter it worked fine, and now that it has warmed up above freezing(mostly) it works fine again. I think with a little wear on those gears, this issue should go away. Its not really a big deal for me anyway, since I don't really use it much in the deep winter. Charlie, I can't thank you enough for sending along the manual for the swing device, there is no way I would have ever been able to get the part numbers for the bearings, seals, and gaskets at the bottom without it. Thanks to you I am back in business - thanks again. Happy diggin'

Rush

Does anyone here know where to get swing drive unit assy (hydraulic motor + gear reducer + pinion) for ex50urg?

captain charlie

Occupation
Home Trade Mstr
Hi ptsm629
First off welcome to Heavy Equipment. You will find it very informative and useful not only with your troubles, you can share with others your experiences.
So what happened with your original hydro and swing unit? These parts are not easy to find at times. and I would hang on to them all if you find new ones. If you look back at some of the threads there in some useful information about sungears and such.
OK, take care I email you sometime!
Charlie S.

snider7

ex50urg

The serial number is 10E – 02386 i think its a 92' judging by the other serial numbers i have come across. That machine looks a little newer, the one i have looks a little boxier.

Tahnks
charlie

I have the same machine and serial number Any chance you care to share any and all manuals you've collected

Wesh_blacksmith

Hello to all on the forum - I'm new here so hope you don't mind me dropping by. I am looking for any information that will help me service and maintain an EX50 URG - it's a tired old girl but has life left and I would very much appreciate any help with service/owners manuals that the group may have access to as I have none, or kindly point me to where I could find them ( I find the internet a bit bewildering and difficult to find honest sources) I seem to have a knack of collecting old but worthy machinery (I have a wonderful CASE 580G) which just keeps on going and would like to make sure that the two of them get to spend as much time together as possible! I appreciate it's a big ask but if anyone can help it would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help at all. Diolch (that's Welsh for thank you if you were wondering)

dadanddaughterexcavation

Occupation
owner/ operator at Dad and daughter excavation
Nortrax dealer. thats where I got a center joint for my old ex75ur around same age. I was able to also purchase a parts manual from nortrax too. I got operators manual off ebay. Best of luck!!!!

Wesh_blacksmith

Nortrax dealer. thats where I got a center joint for my old ex75ur around same age. I was able to also purchase a parts manual from nortrax too. I got operators manual off ebay. Best of luck!!!!

Thank you for finding time to reply, its very much appreciated. I will certainly take a look at ebay as you suggest and maybe I will come up lucky! I had a look at the Nortrax site which is a bit far from me here in Wales and the knowledge that John Deere is part of the group is useful, I will have a go at contacting them here in UK and see if they also could provide support. Thank you once again - that was real helpful.

Mike900sss

Hello, I know this an an old thread and the question is a little off topic but would any of you folks know the lifting eye size for the old gal? I have an oil leak that needs the counterweight off to locate/repair.

Thanks,
Mike