• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

AaronAlaska

924G Loader derates and runs poorly. DDA03439. Very hard start. It has a 1684-8 code for erratic speed timing signal. I have replaced the fuel pump wiring harness, the pump, the ecm. Still have the same problem. I ohmed the speed sensor out fine but i will replace that next. Any ideas?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
I woulda changed that 1st.. MAKE SURE it has a good fresh place to read from.. if its up in the engine don't worry about it bit if its on the flywheel or balance, MAKE SURE to use sandpaper or emory cloth FIRST.
& READ the instructions.. some have a stop built in & others screw in till it touches a "bump" & u back it out x amount..

Esfoder

Occupation
Ready-Mix concrete /Sand and gravel producer
Get a 930 from out of the scrap bin. It will start and run forever. Mine has been since 1970 and it's never derated itself once.

nzpatch

Just had a new fuel pump put on my 924gz and had problems with it straight away
Turned out the new pump was out of timing from new ( cat reman)
Ran good some times but some times it would start but white smoke and run like sh,t!
Re timed it and goes All good now

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Sensor by basic appearance is similar to most speed and timing sensors out there. The one on my 7.3 ford is the same and just as temperamental can resistance check fine, can look Brand new and be worthless, I keep two spares as they can just Die and had one do so.

Helped a friend with one thought gone bad, had picked up a sliver of ferrous material on the tip and was driving it nuts

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Sensor by basic appearance is similar to most speed and timing sensors out there. The one on my 7.3 ford is the same and just as temperamental can resistance check fine, can look Brand new and be worthless, I keep two spares as they can just Die and had one do so.

Helped a friend with one thought gone bad, had picked up a sliver of ferrous material on the tip and was driving it nuts
When I worked for Navistar, I would measure cold and again after I hit the sensor and surrounding area with a heat gun, get all kinds a whacky readings like that.