• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

650H Speed Sensor Removal

Alan Caro

I had a problem with the left track speed sensor being faulty, my mechanic disconnected both track speed sensors (the plug) and that seemed to have fixed the problem… Any idea of what consequences its removal may have?

if it’s not essential I’d happily save an extra $400 on 1 sensor

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
It did not "fix" the problem, it just put a band-aid on it. Unplugging the speed sensor places the system into a default mode. You will lose auto-tracking and anti-stall. So if the unit wants to mistrack it will not auto-correct. If you peel too much dirt the engine rpm will drop too low. If you can live with that then leave it be.

Alan Caro

It did not "fix" the problem, it just put a band-aid on it. Unplugging the speed sensor places the system into a default mode. You will lose auto-tracking and anti-stall. So if the unit wants to mistrack it will not auto-correct. If you peel too much dirt the engine rpm will drop too low. If you can live with that then leave it be.

Thanks! I’ll see how it feels, most likely will buy it

AlanT675

Good information.