• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580 Super L Transmission won’t shift F or R

DrTaga

Serial JJG0191450

First off, not much of a mechanic, so bear with me. I will probably have to look up how to do anything suggested.

Problem presented as you needed to slightly rev the engine a hair for it to engage and would move fine then. Restarted unit a few times, no change, drove it back to the barn. Now it won’t even start moving after reving.

I believe this had a problem with the clutch cut out where it prevented it from starting at one point.

I pulled the relay to the shuttle interlock and it has a rattle to it. Not sure if that means anything.

Starting transmission fuse does not seem blown, however it is a 15a and not a 10a shown on the chart.

Some questions I saw on other posts were whether the drive shaft spins when shifted when in gear and if the rear wheels spin when off the ground and if they have resistance. No to the drive shaft, yes to spin and yes to resistance.

Also putting into 4wd does not help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3

DrTaga

Will not move again. I Flushed the transmission, the screen looks immaculate. Pretty sure it's an electrical problem. Looking for a wiring diagram/service manual so my friend can help track the problem down.

DrTaga

Today did a bunch of testing with my friend. We could not get it to shift even with wire jumping the relay terminal. So it must be downstream in the wiring, a connector, or something wrong with the shuttle valve itself that just happened to go away for a bit when I put the new relay in.