• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

420 e backhoe

heymccall

Is the bucket curling open, or is the boom drifting down, when this occurs?
And, your serial number prefix, ie. KMW, or the like, please.

hectord9

Is the bucket curling open, or is the boom drifting down, when this occurs?
And, your serial number prefix, ie. KMW, or the like, please.
no it does not curl up just drifts down ser # PRA00285 and i already replaced ride control solenoids and valves. ride control system work as it should except for the bucket drifting down, and only does it when the ride control is on and traveling. thanks for your help

heymccall

Here's the diagram
Screenshot_20180523-191540.png

Following the circuit to the top solenoid, you can see the barrel pressure dead ends at the accumulator, so, even though it only drifts with ride control on, I'd still inspect the boom up relief, and verify that the boom spool isn't scored or damaged.

heymccall

One second thought, on one of my KMW 420e, I had drift only under heavy load. There are revised lift cylinder seals. The original ones removed were rock hard, where the updated ones are pliable. Someone above suggested repack of the cylinders, too.Screenshot_20180523-193926.png Screenshot_20180523-193933.png

hectord9

One second thought, on one of my KMW 420e, I had drift only under heavy load. There are revised lift cylinder seals. The original ones removed were rock hard, where the updated ones are pliable. Someone above suggested repack of the cylinders, too.View attachment 181565 View attachment 181566
heymccall. thank you for your help, first time using a forum and appreciate your help

hectord9

Here's the diagram
View attachment 181564

Following the circuit to the top solenoid, you can see the barrel pressure dead ends at the accumulator, so, even though it only drifts with ride control on, I'd still inspect the boom up relief, and verify that the boom spool isn't scored or damaged.
heymccall where is the boom up relief boom spool located, you mean in the solenoid block where the 2 valves are located?

heymccall

Forget relief and spool. Repack your cylinders. The bobbing action of the ride control is exaggerating the leaking at the piston seals.