• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

315 not shutting off

nickkendall

its a 99 315 and the key is not shutting it off
i've read there is a solenoid that shuts them off would anyone have any pics?
what is the best way to shut down?

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
i got it figured out this thread can be deleted

So don't leave us hanging ............ What was it ??? ................... before you answer I'd bet it was the connecting rod from the solenoid to the fuel shut off shaft ... and the ball joint fell apart ............... LOL

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
Craft...I was betting the same thing. The 312 we used to own did the same thing a few times...or would at least stick.

Trbo

D&GExcavating

We've had those shutdown solenoids go bad on our 320s. You just have to go back, open up the hood, and pull the throttle lever on the fuel pump all the way shut and she'll shut down that way until you can get a new one on there.

gunite

I might add that this same solenoid prevented my machine from starting and had to be replaced. I guess mine was getting stuck in the other direction.