• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

3066 cat

bobin35

I know cat calls it a 3066 but i still think its a mitsubishi built motor as i found a mitsu heavy industries sticker on valve cover but no other info on that sticker..

drewtam

Can't get a new engine from Cat???

Is this a gray market machine?
EPA certified versions of the 3066, 320B has been sold into US. As I recall, the certified and the non-certified versions weren't very different on the outside. Maybe different pistons bowl geometry and injectors and timing. I'm not entirely sure.

The local Cat dealer should help. This 320 class hex is a very popular selling machine. I 'm sure the dealer can help get rebuild parts, a direct replacement, or retrofit a certified engine.
Have you tried them yet?

Of course, I recommend following all federal and state EP laws. :thumbsup

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I have never run across a Cat engine that wasn't certified for the US, even in gray market machines.

If you haven't contacted your local dealer I would try them first. If you have and they are who told you parts weren't available I'd get the engine number and call another Cat dealer asking for history on this motor.

That engine should be at least a Tier 1. So far I have heard of no restrictions on exchange units or rebuild parts.

Good Luck!

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
Cat engine

Anyone out there know what model of mitsubishi engine is in a 320B?

Try calling Jerry or Tommy in Cat used parts/construction equipment. They did have a used and new engine a few months ago. When you call this number, you have to use that automated press 1 or press 2 thingee, so be prepared
This is Gregory Poole Equipment Co, they are a big Cat dealer in our area
252-946-1081.
Good Luck

captcws

Occupation
semi retired
The 3066 engine is a Mitsuibshi S6KT used in French built machines as per an agreement with the French government as a requirement for any machine made there. I have a 320L with this engine and parts are hard to find when looking outside of a Cat dealer unless you find one burned or parting out.

onald12

cat 3066 engine is exactly the same with mitsubishi S6K or S6K-T. i heard cat design the engine but mitsubishi build the engine.