1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

304C CR Electrical issue

Discussion in 'Compact Excavators' started by 05f150fx4, Sep 22, 2019.

1. 05f150fx4

05f150fx4 Member

Looking for help with my 304C CR. Serial number FPK03541. The machine will randomly go completely dead. Then it will be fine for a month or so after a jump. I replaced the alternator and belt about a month and a half ago, replaced the battery with a CAT battery in the fall. Still having issues with it going completely dead. Today after jumping it to try and get a project done, the thumb would not work and the machine would not turn off when the key was turned off and removed. Any suggestions on where to begin? Thanks in advance.

2. Steve Frazier

Steve Frazier Founder

I don't claim to be an expert on this topic but if it were me I'd start by checking all of the main ground lugs for corrosion. So many times electrical gremlins can be traced to a bad ground.

3. Nige

Nige Senior Member

I'd second the recommendation about checking the grounding.
    An Electrical Schematic could be your best friend. If you want one start a Conversation with me (click on my username) and send me your email address.

4. rmllarue91

rmllarue91 Senior Member

field technician
    What helps finding battery draws is looking for warm fuses and relays when machine is cold

5. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
    Very true. Don't matter how many volts or amps that are in the battery if they can not find their way back to the battery they are not going to do any work!

mg2361 and rmllarue91 like this.
  6. f311fr1

f311fr1 Senior Member

See attached electrical schematic

7. f311fr1

f311fr1 Senior Member

Attached Files: