• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

27 years and, poof!

AzIron

Bummer about them closing up

There probably is no place to work that will be the same as 20 plus years you just put in and I bet you got a lot of freedom that you won't have at a new place just because of the tenure

Point is skilled people are in demand get what your worth and be picky till you either figure it out or can't afford to be anyway best of luck

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
Its not the 250 interval so much as it is the condition of the machines. The current fleet I maintain would never be allowed that much "belly" dirt and gunk, period. If not oil soaked, plates are dropped and dirt blown out. And if oil soaked, scraped clean.
If they're serviced every 250, someone there is just slapping filters and moving on.
But the oil keeps the pans from rusting.

Lol

For real

Welder Dave

With 27 years at the same company I'd think other businesses in the same type of business would be really interested in you, especially if the company you worked for had a good reputation. I can understand not wanting to work on neglected filthy equipment but you could be the perfect person to turn something like that around or be a service manager for a cleaner operation. You kept x number of machines running for over 25 years looks great on a resume. If those machines were still running with high hours is even more impressive. Good luck on your next chapter! It's always a little scary to lose your job through no fault of your own.

Truck Shop

When a person has been working at the same place for a long time-it's not that easy to
find something else. In most cases you become part of the woodwork no body really sees
you-it's like hiding in plain site, forgotten, especially if one is the quiet book worm/laptop
type.