• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

249D Cat SkidSteer No Crank/No Start

DigDoug

Found conn12 , 6 pin plug with 5 wires in it capped off. I tested yellow wire and I have continuity to pin 4 on J2 also have continuity to plug on implement shut off solenoid plug . But no continuity to other 2 solenoid plugs

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Found conn12 , 6 pin plug with 5 wires in it capped off. I tested yellow wire and I have continuity to pin 4 on J2 also have continuity to plug on implement shut off solenoid plug . But no continuity to other 2 solenoid plugs
That's what would be expected. Wire H807 to CONN 12 connects to the same Pin 33 in CONN 2 as H807 at the Implement Shutoff solenoid. There is a splice shown in the harness.

With connector J2 disconnected and both CONN 1 & CONN 2 connected you should have continuity in Wire H807 between CONN 12 Pin 3 and the same wire H807 in the 2-pin connectors for both the 2-Speed and Park brake solenoids. See Chrisso's abbreviated diagram in Post #12.

Chrisso

Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
I'd like to rule out that .9 volts at your solenoid isn't a short to power. I know you've checked continuity but we heading down an ECM replacement path, so the checks are worth it. We also need to rule out the newly installed solenoids haven't been fried.

Pick the easiest solenoid to access, just worry about that one from now on. Remove solenoid, check resistance again, make sure it's close to spec as mentioned on the previous page (post #7 I think). If it is, continue on...

Use a pin-out tool and remove that H807 wire at #4 of the J2 ECM plug completely, let it dangle. Use a new wire and run it directly to #2 of the solenoid we're concentrating on. The wire in position #1 on that solenoid is verified as working correctly, so leave that exactly where it is.

Cycle isolator, key on, don't do anything else. The two other solenoids will go -5 current below normal since they're open circuit now. The solenoid you chose to concentrate on should have zero codes active. If it still has a -6 current above normal you have an ECM failure.

Let us know what you find.

Last edited:

DigDoug

Ok thanks Nige and Chrisso, I have to go away to work for a few days , I will do this and report with my results when I get back .Doug