• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2012 John Deere 310J

Robert Rdz

Hello, I was wondering if any could please help me out. I have a 2012 John Deere 310J that once it gets to operating temp. and we engage the parking brake it will not release. We have changed out the sensor on top of the rear diff and the parking brake switch and we continue to have the same problem. Does anyone have an idea of what else might be wrong with this tractor.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Robert. Check your transmission fluid level. Will it disengage with the engine revved up?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
With Deere as with Cat machines, serial numbers are important for correct information. Sounds like the PB solenoid has an issue. Any codes pop up? When unit is warmed up and acting up I would suggest checking the resistance of the PB Solenoid to see if that is your issue. Below is the location and the spec.

310J Y7 PB Solenoid.png 310J Sol Spec.png

Robert Rdz

Thanks I will check that out this morning, so I am out in a ranch if the solenoid is no good can I change it out with Y10? Just to load it on the trailer?

Robert Rdz

Thank you I will keep you posted! We are on one side of the ranch right now should have some time this afternoon to try it out.

Robert Rdz

My bad the parking brake solenoid was reading 4.5 change it out and it fixed the issue. Thanks for all the help!