• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2012 Cat 314d lcr oil pressure low electrical issue

Owenfred

No there is no event code for oil pressure because the pressure is in spec. Just the pesky red alarm on the screen. I confirmed the monitor is working by manually applying voltage and grounding without the ECM connected... The warning triggers on/off as expected.

The alarm

Owenfred

Nothing obvious in configuration screen... Man, this one's a doozy!

Attachments

• PXL_20220501_184552922~2.jpg
    PXL_20220501_184552922~2.jpg
    1,022.1 KB · Views: 5

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Try expnading the "System Settings" tab for the engine ECM located 2 above "Configuration Group 1" that you expanded in that photo.
Also go through and expand each of the tabs under the VIMS Main Module section, just for a look. VIMS is the machine Monitor System.

Owenfred

I think that is expanded.

Unless I'm missing some kind of licensing or key for cat et system maybe this is the issue why there are not many settings.

Try expnading the "System Settings" tab for the engine ECM located 2 above "Configuration Group 1" that you expanded in that photo.
Also go through and expand each of the tabs under the VIMS Main Module section, just for a look. VIMS is the machine Monitor System.

Owenfred

Nothing obvious to me except the external maintenance thing, but that's disabled...

Attachments

• PXL_20220506_002105680.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220506_002105680.MP.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 1

Owenfred

Must be an open circuit on the wire. Bummer and it's a big PITA to get to the ECM plugs on the engine to test it. I'm feeling lazy at this point and might just say leave it alone..