• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2008 cat 272C having controll issues

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The only other option I can think of to get at Codes is if you can haul the machine into the dealer and have them do it as it sits on the trailer. I don't know if that's an option for you.
If an electrical schematic for the machine would be any help then please ask. I can send you one.

1ajs

Pulled the stick

So there’s a rubber coated peic it looks beat up guessing that’s the part u said u can’t get on its own?

MRillQ.jpg

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
That's the one - #2 in the illustration below. Is that the LH or RH one.? The Part Numbers are different.
For your machine 269-0258 is the LH base, 269-0257 is RH. The number may well be on that white tag in your photo.
I was wrong on the price. $465 whichever of the two Part Numbers it is.

Personally I wouldn't be replacing that part unless I had diagnostic information that clearly indicated it was bad but the decision is yours not mine.

upload_2021-6-29_22-49-0.png

Last edited:

1ajs

Reason I pulled it out to look was it was actually getting worse then noticed if I jiggle the stick around or hold in certain positions it would come in out of that alarm. The pic above is after I cleaned that sensor it was covered in pebbles and dirt all black. Put it back in and now it’s worse after cleaning

1ajs

Did you find a Part Number on that tag.?
that just hs a made in mexico on it with a
00000221153 c 008372 083 for numbers on that tage

only other number i find is on the bottom half of the joystick that part sits inside of 269-0262

1ajs

Orderd that part and it came in yesterday just swapped it and works again yellow light is now gone no other warning lights now

the old Sensor think it could rebuild it I took my time taking the silicone off to redo it?