• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2003 Bobcat S175 won’t lift weight

David Nelan

Loader won’t lift weight. It will raise the bucket but stops lifting with weight in the bucket.
Trouble shooting and work done so far is:
*New lift cylinder seals
*New relief valve (control valve)
*Filters cleaned
*Cleaned BIC check valve screen and new O rings
*Tilt works
*Auxiliary starts and stops
*Foot controls are not locked
*Load check valve plugs cleaned and new O rings, spring and poppet are fine
NOTE: Port relief valves on the machine look to be plug style rather than full size valves. Not sure if it’s meant to look like that but online pictures show valves that are longer.

David Nelan

Loader won’t lift weight. It will raise the bucket but stops lifting with weight in the bucket.
Trouble shooting and work done so far is:
*New lift cylinder seals
*New relief valve (control valve)
*Filters cleaned
*Cleaned BIC check valve screen and new O rings
*Tilt works
*Auxiliary starts and stops
*Foot controls are not locked
*Load check valve plugs cleaned and new O rings, spring and poppet are fine
NOTE: Port relief valves on the machine look to be plug style rather than full size valves. Not sure if it’s meant to look like that but online pictures show valves that are longer.

Any advice would be appreciated! Should I have posted this in my status or is this the appropriate place? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

David Nelan

Thank you! I’ll be picking up a pressure gauge tomorrow. I’ve never tested pressure on a skid loader. Any do’s or do nots I should know? Thanks

frg

Thank you! I’ll be picking up a pressure gauge tomorrow. I’ve never tested pressure on a skid loader. Any do’s or do nots I should know? Thanks
just tilt the bucket under load. lift & tilt have a same relief valve. if the bucket roll up , the pressure of pump and relief is ok. check lift cylinder for bent. try to plug each lift cylinder hose each time and check the other cylinder.