• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1990 Ford L9000 front leaf spring source

MontanaSteve

I've got a 1990 Ford L9000 with a couple of broken springs in the passengers side front leaf. It's the heavy duty 9 leaf pack. Anyone have a source for springs for this, as I would really like to get it replaced before it breaks all the way.

Thanks!

GregsHD

Occupation
Self Employed HD Mechanic
I usually get my springs from custom spring shops, they can make a pack if it's odd ball or order you the correct pack if available. I just went through this on an old 85 LTL9000 front spring, had to order a 12 leaf pack and remove 3, worked out perfect. There must be a spring shop somewhere near you, there are 4 outfits here within 200km of me.
Cheers and good luck!

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Just google truck springs for your area and you should have a shop appear that can handle this for you. You take them the old spring and they will reproduce it.

MontanaSteve

One of the downsides to living in Montana, is that things like that aren't always available. I think I might have found one though. 90 miles away, but that's doable.

Thanks for the input

Jonas302

Husky Spring in st clould MN had ours on hand for 94 l9000 pretty heavy and shipping would be high don't forget to get new pins and u bolts

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Every time life seems overwhelming to me, I threaten to get in the car and just drive to Montana, it's been a dream of mine for at least 30 years. My Grandpa used to drive there from Pennsylvania every year to hunt up until he passed. God's country!

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
One of the downsides to living in Montana, is that things like that aren't always available. I think I might have found one though. 90 miles away, but that's doable.

Thanks for the input

Guess some of us are just plane spoiled. There are at least to spring shop within less than an hour drive during rush hour traffic near me. If they did not have one on the shelf they could make one for pick up next day or if it is a stock item with their suppliers they'd have it in two days tops. Don't matter if we are talking a little F-150 rear spring or an old 1972 DM800 Mack camelback rear spring assembly.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
Not sure about the drive from Helena, But Pohl Springworks in Spokane WA. has done some great custom work for me.