• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1966 P&h 215tc

cecil89

Occupation
the best I can be while I am being paid to do my J
I don't know if I should praise this or slam it to the ground. Had enjoyable experiences and had quite a few NIGHTMARES(edit) I Hate these machines

Garrin18

Do you still have this crane? We have one and are looking into getting another one but can't seem to find many left around. Just curious.

alskdjfhg

I saw one last week at Ritchie Bros. I got all excited, it would have looked so cute next to its big brother, my P&H 440TC.

But when I saw it up close it was junk. Really sad to see how abused and neglected it had been.

Last edited:

smanning

Yes I do. And it does need work. The last time I checked both engines ran. But this is an old piece of equipment. The only reason I got it was to install a gate post and dig out my pond. After that my wife says I need to get rid of it. By the way this is a drag line.

alskdjfhg

I didn't realize you were in Garland, not to jump in on Garrin, but I'd also possibly be intersted in it.

I'd be a nice little match to the 40 ton P&H I've got, and I'd LOVE having a dragline.

Let me know if Garrin passes on it.

Last edited:

Garrin18

alskdjfhg its all yours, i think we would need something more like a 218TC if Raildudes dad is interested in selling.

alskdjfhg

Ahh ok, I'd like the 218 too, but smanning's being in Texas (don't see too many of them in the first place), and being a dragline got me interested.

smanning

Ahh ok, I'd like the 218 too, but smanning's being in Texas (don't see too many of them in the first place), and being a dragline got me interested.

Like I said I bought it to dig out a pond and raise a gate post. The last 10 months I have been busy having a house built so I haven't had very much time. I might be willing to part with it for the right price.

Raildudes dad

Garrin18:

After 2 back surgeries it's time for me to sell the 215tc. The old girl is still intact and I've has some fun with it but at my age and with my back, it tough to get on and off. I think you need to make one more post and then you can PM me thru this site if your interested. The machine is located just outside Grand rapids MI. Not too far since I see your located in MI. I bought it to save it from the scrap yard, I'd love to see it go to someone who wants to keep it running:)

Raildudes dad

I hooked up with Garrin18 and his company bought my crane. It took most of the fall to get the crane and carrier running, not because there was much wrong (batteries and points), but it was a really wet rainy fall. Plus, after the 2 surgeries, I was dependent on others helping. (I had a 3rd surgery on my spine Dec 1st.) :( Got a lot of titanium screws, pins and plates in me :). No injuries, just the old spine had bone spurs and some deteriorated disks.

I was not able to bleed the hydraulic clutch so John (Deere) had to help it on the trailer. Never had trouble with the clutch bleeding off before but it is 50 years old:).

Here are some photos of the loading and then leaving the Marsman Construction Co yard in GR for Poured Brick Walls in Brighton. They run a fleet of the small truck cranes to set wall forms. Interestingly, there's another company in Novi that does the same work with a fleet of these small cranes.

IMG_0376.jpgIMG_0369.jpgIMG_0366.jpg

Tugger

Good to see these older machines still in use where you are.They are a hard sell out here in BC.Watch the carrier axles when your loading, after breaking and welding them a couple of times that was the demise of my 325 TC.I still have a jib ,two full booms,hydraulic outriggers,and a few things like new boom lugs in my yard.