• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Arugula17

Occupation
Farmer
Hi there, I am new. So glad I found this forum on equipment. Even the old stuff :)
So as the title suggests, I've got a 1964 Dino. It came with the purchase on the property I bought. Kinda cool. Also got a Yanmar 186D, but that's neither here nor there.

So the dyna runs, but I'd like to get it up to snuff before really putting it to work. So I did some light reading in the other threads about the Dynahoe, and had a few specifics I didn't get to see there. I'm also new to this kind of machinery, only ever been with tractors..

- Filters -- how the heck do I find them? Crankcase, fuel, trans, engine air, and hydraulic? I've tried to look up their parts # from service manuals, but to no avail. Obviously the company isn't in business anymore, but I was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction? I'd like to have them in advance, and be able to swap fluids in one fell swoop without making too much of a mess.....
- Stabilizers -- how much of a leak, is just too much of a leak? Only on the right side of the machine, and it's just a bit weepy. Not gushing.. recs for rebuild kits anywhere? It might be worse than I think it is.

Hoping it's not too much of a money pit, because it's cool as hell. Anyway, thanks so much for your help and consideration. Looking forward to contributing what I can here.

Attachments

• 20201117_095224.jpg
    20201117_095224.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 45

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
Gotta say, I don't know crap about that machine, but it looks like a pretty beefy beast....almost looks like someone added newer loader and hoe, unless that's the original paint scheme..have you searched for manuals online? you can find old tractor manuals back further than '64...I'm sure one of the "keepers of knowledge" here have seen one before....stay tuned....just did 5 minute search...ssb tractor has Bucyrus Erie A Dynahoe 160 manual available.....

Last edited:

Arugula17

Occupation
Farmer
Gotta say, I don't know crap about that machine, but it looks like a pretty beefy beast....almost looks like someone added newer loader and hoe, unless that's the original paint scheme..have you searched for manuals online? you can find old tractor manuals back further than '64...I'm sure one of the "keepers of knowledge" here have seen one before....stay tuned....just did 5 minute search...ssb tractor has Bucyrus Erie A Dynahoe 160 manual available.....

Thank you for the reply and welcome, I do have the manual both parts and operators. The problem is I can't translate the old parts numbers into something more recent, I've messaged a few suppliers to see if they could.. Was hoping somebody here found a supplier that talked "Dinosaur" o_O

Loved this guy who kept everything! As much of a pain as it's been sifting through garbage... the important stuff has always been there. It's been painted from what I can tell, he was fond of red paint. The hoe is definitely not stock, it's a bit beefier than the original. I think the loader is original and had been painted.

Arugula17

Occupation
Farmer
Welcome to HEF, Arugula17 !
You could do a forum search for Dynahoe.
There has been quite a bit of discussion about them over the years.

I did find info on the cylinders there! Thank you. Still looking for a supplier who can translate the part numbers of all the appropriate filters.. the problem is they are in a casing -- so can't see their #. The hydraulic filter has lost all of it's information.. And I don't want to drain any fluids before I'm ready with the proper filters.

Arugula17

Occupation
Farmer
Update : I found some answers through WIX cross reference #'s. However seems my trans filter has been modified and I need to do more research. Thanks for the help everyone.

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
Like Tinkerer said take the filter into any NAPA and if they can't cross it,I don't know where in new york you are but in western ny there's an outfit called Fleetpride that has just about every filter on the planet in stock try them out,they should be able to cross it....