• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

16G Motor Grader (49G869)

Self-Jameel

Please need help in identifying the type of engine mounted on it and the possible procedure (do and don't) of finding the engine TDC...
Also I manage to source this engine block part number (7S3600).
Tho not so sure about the machine serial number hence why I added the block P/N.
No one knows how happy I will be getting this answers tonight.
THANKS TO Y'ALL AS I AWAIT YOUR PRECIOUS ANSWERS.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Does the engine have double overhead camshafts.? If it does then it's a D343T.
Does it have an articulation joint in the chassis.? I'll bet it doesn't.
49G869 is not a 16G it's the earlier No.16 model, the first 16 grader Cat ever made. If the S/No is correct it dates back to somewhere around the 1968-1970 time frame.

Self-Jameel

Overhead camshaft, yes it does.
Got the job of fixing the engine and was told that the first technician that went there remove the injector pump.
Please I will need the possible procedure on finding the TDC for both the engine as well as setting the injector pump timing
My Country is really trying can't believe my eyez when I went to the quarry today. By mare looking I know it's an old machine...

Self-Jameel

It should have two overhead camshafts as illustrated below, not one like the 3406 engine in a 16G.
If you can confirm that I'll look for some Test&Adjust procedures.

View attachment 289787
I sent you a picture containing the image of the camshaft.
It's the same with picture you attached. No rocker arm neither push rod just the
just the 2 camshafts that's all.

Self-Jameel

See the attachments. That's everything I could find for Test & Adjust and somewhere in one of them is the way to set TDC on cylinder #1.
Thanks Nige,appreciated tho I wasn't chance to go through the file yesterday not until now.
Thanks a lot man..

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I have to apologize. I downloaded those files on Monday and though that I had replied to your question along with the two attachments. When you re-posted yesterday I found they were still sitting just waiting for me to click on the blue "Post Reply" button......
:eek: :eek:

Alusium

I liked the post above because…

First time poster get’s old knowledge…

That kind of stuff is why I am here…