• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

10 degrees at 10 am!

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
10 degrees at 10 am... and tongue skin.

do not, i repeat, do not stick your tounge to the crane. trust me, i know!

qball... I'd almost forgotten about the tongue thing on metal... :falldownlaugh

There seems to be an almost irresistible temptation to stick it on something frosty... :confused:

And... doesn't matter what it is... crane... loader boom/ bucket...pipe rail fence... outside door knob... door hinge... the list is endless...

They all taste the same too... don't they?... ;)

Like blood...... :lmao

OCR

TSK415

When I think about running some things in below zero*F with no heater and having to leave the windows open to see because your breath would frost up the windows on the inside I cannot believe that I did it.

You did that too? The one I liked was when somebody came up with the idea of feeding an extension cord through the turntable on my crawler and plugging a halogen light in at my feet for heat. It worked, kept the front window clear. After a time I ended up trying to untangle everything. Caught on everything!:duh

Last edited:

TSK415

Lashlander, how's the weather up there? It's been in the negatives one day, the next day rain and 40's.

Lashlander

It was raining but the last week it cleared up and has been a little chilly. Not bad, I think its getting down to +20 at night. Just barely a skiff of snow. Life is good!

nedly05

last week the AM temps were sub zero and we had 2+' on the ground, this weekend temps were close to 50, it poured the frost went out and the snow melted, felt just like early April. Weird weather this year so far!!

Lashlander

Hey Nedly05, That sorta thing has the potential to cause a lot of problems, like flooding and mud slides. Hope everything is good. Do you get those horrendous snows like Buffalo and places. What they call the Lake effect or something like that? I've got to where I hate the snow. I'd way rather have the rain.

Tugger

Hi Lashlander
We are down the coast from you a ways in BC,but its cold here right now to.that 2inch polyrope is tough to deal with when its frozen around a bollard,do you ever get used to that?Your projects look very interesting.
Regards
Tugger

BLASZER

Occupation
Local #17 union operator
What model is that? Also......how do your clutches and brakes stay dry in that freezing rain?..I'm actually 15 miles south of buffalo...When the lake is too warm to freeze,,,Lake effect is a pain....When its cold enough for the lake to freeze....Snow aint so bad , but the cold sucks!! I'm actually on a job rebuilding Rt5 ...Along the watefront...IT IS COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!With no obstructions on the lake, the wind speeds rally crank up! Steve

Last edited: