• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

10 degrees at 10 am!

Lashlander

Took these a couple weeks ago while I was waiting for it to get up to temp.

Attachments

• Lash 004 (Custom) (Small).jpg
    Lash 004 (Custom) (Small).jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,475
  • Lash 008 (Custom) (Small).jpg
    Lash 008 (Custom) (Small).jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,470

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
What a beautiful shot with the ship in the background!:drinkup

Last edited:

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Great shots Lash! The lighting in the pictures really makes them stand out. :drinkup

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I would not have thought anything of it if you had not mentioned the time.I would have just assumed it was early in the morning like it appears down here.Great pics!!Ron G

HeyUvaVT

Brrrrrrrrr awesome shots tho...lash has single handedly forced me to put alaska at the top of my "Places to see before I die" list!! :notworthy

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Try -2F at 7AM, 9F at 2:30 in the afternoon.....brrrrrrrrr. Glad the dozer wouldn't start this morning!
It could be worse, I could be in the arctic...
alan627b

TSK415

I don't mind the cold as much as freezing rain. It makes the climb (tower) a little tricky!

TSK415

Lashlander nice pics. Does it get light enough to work without artificial lights in the winter? Never been to Alaska.

Lashlander

Hey TSK415, Where I live we get down to around 4 or 5 hours of daylight. It varies. The further north you go the less daylight. On the North Slope the sun sets on the 18th of November and doesn't rise until the 23rd of January.

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
X-that.lol. we hit freezing here today. i need to work in the tropics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lashlander

Ahh its not that bad. Here's a couple I took last night.

Attachments

• Fuel Pier 328 (Small).jpg
    Fuel Pier 328 (Small).jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 761
  • Fuel Pier 344 (Small).jpg
    Fuel Pier 344 (Small).jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 764

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
There is nothing like those portable light towers when you just hafta work at night.

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
when did you paint your boom white?:)

Lashlander

Ha Ha! That happened just last night too. I've painted all our Lattice Crane Booms light blue. Not a real big fan of the color but it makes them glow in the dark. Black Booms seem to eat the light.

Attachments

• Fuel Pier 128 (Custom).jpg
    Fuel Pier 128 (Custom).jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
do not, i repeat, do not stick your tounge to the crane. trust me, i know!

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
What is being built there?I would have to save up courage to get out of the cab to go take a picture.LOL.
There is something about not having to go to work every day that just ruins your perception of your abilities.I used to work out in that weather as a matter of routine and think nothing of it but now I want to run and hide just thinking about it.
When I think about running some things in below zero*F with no heater and having to leave the windows open to see because your breath would frost up the windows on the inside I cannot believe that I did it.
I was plowing snow with a W20 Case one winter and the boss was too cheap to buy a heater motor for it so I want to a junk yard and found a 12 volt motor from a Ford heater and made an adapter for it on my lathe that would connect it to the squirrel cage blower on the Case heater and wired it all in at 12 volts using the original heater switch and I had heat!!Yah,I could still do it!!Ha........thanks for the great pics as usual.Ron G

nedly05

Great shots Lash! how much snow up there? my truck is all white this AM but I dont think it's gonna last, highs in the 40's here today.