• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Your dozer photos

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
I hate rusty blades. Go shine it up. A great sized machine, squeezes into tight spaces.

Willie

chevy43

1955 International TD-18 181 series with B&E blade working hard building road. Weight about 32,000 lbs. 691 cubic inch 6 cyl.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 689

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
1966 John Deere 350 short track, gas engine, 24T Carco winch and the heart of a D8. Its a little bit of an odd duck with the 4 roller bottom instead of 5 and snow tracks. Spent an afternoon cutting a pair of driveways into a field and moving 80 feet of rock wall aside. Came out looking great.

seems to want to be inverted...

NCM_0156.jpg

Finished for the day !
NCM_0155.jpg

Last edited:

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
Here is my favorite machine to operate, for some reason its relaxing to me.:tong I have had this one for 8 or so years. D8H. It has been a good machine.D8H 2.jpg

Last edited:

nicky 68a

That's a nice 46A Farmer.
Here's some nice 68A 's I still run

Attachments

• 20160617_110934.jpg
    20160617_110934.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,288
  • 20160517_164654.jpg
    20160517_164654.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,288

mlprus88

20160807_153329.jpg20160731_181634.jpg
My '84 Case 850C. Previous owner painted it the wrong color. Claimed he wanted to make it look better, and CAT yellow was less expensive than Case yellow. I think I would've preferred the worn out Case paint...... Pretty decent machine though.

Price

Trying hard to post pics but they are posting rotated to the left. I go to computer, select picture, upload, post. What am I missing?

Attachments

• 2016-04-26 17.56.28.jpg
    2016-04-26 17.56.28.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 719
Last edited:

Price

2016-04-26 17.56.28 (2).jpg

Ok. I think my pic was too big. It was taken with my Iphone and I guess I need to make sure to upload pics to computer as small.

Sorry for repost.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
View attachment 157511

Ok. I think my pic was too big. It was taken with my Iphone and I guess I need to make sure to upload pics to computer as small.

Sorry for repost.

Very nice, do you have a rake? I showed up the second trip to buy one cash in hand. A much closer inspection discovered issues I opted out of. I ended up with a Dresser TD7G. Paint one to look like the other, even a mechanic won't quickly figure it out. Where I live the Deere is much more common.

Willie

Last edited:

Price

Very nice, do you have a rake? I showed up the second trip to buy one cash in hand. A much closer inspection discovered issues I opted out of. I ended up with a Dresser TD7G. Paint one to look like the other, even a mechanic won't quickly figure it out. Where I live the Deere is much more common.

Willie

Thanks. I do have a rake. There were some minor issues to fix. I took the panel out and put in manual gauges, replaced many track shoe bolts, water pump and hoses and other small things.

I need to rework the bushings on the blade connections and trunion ball at some point. New track shoes needed. All in time.

So how are you liking the Dresser?

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
It's a sweet machine. Like a dog, they all are if they have been treated well. Mine is a long way from new. It had some early issues. The undercarriage on the 3400 hour machine had been replaced. New shoes were 16" instead of 15 stock. This infringed 1/2" each side on the minimal clearance between track shoe , and swing cylinders. I began with wishbone pivots. These are non lubricated, non bushed pivots. There was a bit of slop in them. I hoped boring would tighten them enough to alleviate the shoe scrub. Dressers have a walking undercarriage in that the front crossmember pivots in the middle. Travel is limited to two inches. At one point in the first month I was playing with it, a friend drove in, I shut it off. Standing on the front of the track I noticed too much movement in the front idler. Dressers have 8 Rub bars to locate the front idler. The replaced undercarriage should have included these. It proved a big job 'cause I had never done one before. Otherwise it has been lots of fluid/filters, some new hoses (one cost $450.00), new batteries, and all new cables new seat, bunches of rubber parts etc.

Could your shoes be freshened up with new grousers? The easiest stick welding process there is.

Willie

Price

My pads are getting thin and starting to bend. So I figure I need to invest in new pads rather than welding on new grousers. Need some work first to be able to fund that fix!!