• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Your dozer photos

Claus

Would like especially to see crawlers with 3pt hitches, winches, root rakes and rippers!

DPete

Little 6R pulls it weight around the job, had 2 D8K's prior and am impressed with what the 6 will do for its size

Attachments

• ponds 11&12 005.JPG
    ponds 11&12 005.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 7,523
Last edited:

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
A couple of my D5G

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
If somebody here that knows how to post pics can run me through the how-to,I have the neatest pic of my little JD 450D pushing around a JD762 self loading scraper for a week at an IBM complex 28 years ago.

DPete

If somebody here that knows how to post pics can run me through the how-to,I have the neatest pic of my little JD 450D pushing around a JD762 self loading scraper for a week at an IBM complex 28 years ago.
Click ( Go Advanced) on the reply page at the bottom of that screen is a (manage attachment) button click and follow instructions click ( add files) upper right. I always resize mine to 640 pixels first

mitch504

Don't even have to go advanced, the next to the last button at the top of quick reply is the insert image button.

DPete

OK here's my other dozer, 1961 D4 , needed to try Mitch504 button been doing it the hard way LOLD4 BeGe 004.JPG Hey Mitch, much easier

mitch504

Hey man, that's how I handle websites and equipment, I just push random buttons and pull levers and see what happens.

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . This is a great thread!

Dpete. What a nice looking little D4. I am bemused by the simple geometry on those blade lift cylinders but obviously they work okay.

Question about rippers. There is a thread on here about tine angle when using a four barrel. I mentioned that with the single tine Kellys they always reckoned the optimum angle in most material was with the tine vertical when at working depth . . . apparently the theoretical best penetration and bust-up rake was built into the tine profile.

It was mentioned that these days the tines should be curled under. Would that apply to such tines as are fitted to the tractor in the second picture on Saddleup's #14 post . . . not sure what it is, an eight something I think.

Cheers.

Last edited:

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
That was odd, just push buttons, huh?... thanks Mitch. lol

OCR

Last edited:

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
My "dozer"

Here is my "dozer" and it works quite well and will do other functions, load trucks, haul pipe with forks and is only 1- machine to keep up

Attachments

• Dozing 047.jpg
    Dozing 047.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 4,644
  • Dozing 051.jpg
    Dozing 051.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 4,588
  • Dozing 054.jpg
    Dozing 054.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 4,620
  • Dozing 062.jpg
    Dozing 062.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 4,584

DPete

Yair . . . This is a great thread!

Dpete. What a nice looking little D4. I am bemused by the simple geometry on those blade lift cylinders but obviously they work okay

Cheers.
Thanks, it's pretty much a cherry for a 61' No sturdy main frame back then so they used the swing frame brackets to hoist the dozer

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
This is not my D5G but one I was running in Costa Rica and came across this croc in the grass I wash pushing -

croc and D5G.jpg

Sort of a dozer pic.:D