• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What do you use your skid steer for?

TGT

Everything

I use mine for just about anything. yard grading, moving gravel, filling in holes snowplowing, moving pallets!! Thats just some of it to much to list

floridaboy

question does anyone know the advantages and disadvanages between the t250 and t300 on there type of booms. one is radius lift and one is vertical lift

Occupation
Owner-Wenner Skid Loading & Sod Co. (Sod prep and
Yeah i am new here and just wanted to know what are the different uses you all use your skid steers for? mine i use for building pole sheds and leveling off.

Wow, what a great way to make an enormous endless forum haha... Id have to say that most of us would agree that a skid loader, track or tire, is arguably the most versatile machine you can buy, i use skid steers/track loaders for EVERYTHING from grading to sod installation to dirt moving (small scale) to adding/removing duels on our tractors to carrying stuff around the yard to snow removal. When bobcat is making 80+ attachments and every other skid steer making company not far behind that and aftermarkets making everything in between, its safe to say a skid steer can become a large or small scale of almost any machine ever made.

Jesse

We had a t-300 and did about anything we needed to on our jobs. 8811 backhoe, 8' dozer blade, landscape rake. The machine did everything (within reason, barely) that I asked of it. We do alot of septic jobs and when the homeowner sees the versatility of your ctl they come up with a laundry list of extras for us to do. We traded in and just got our new t-320 on friday along with 2 more attachments. This is my biggest problem with skidsteers, attachment transporting.:rolleyes:

insleyboy

Occupation
Operator 25 years, was laborer for 7 years
We use case 420's and bobcats very similar in size. We use the heck out of them. Currently we cut holes (called doorsheets) in the side of crudeoil, gasoline, jet fuel exc...storage tanks after they have been cleaned of course. The opening is just tall enough to allow the skidsteer to enter the tank. we use them to pour concrete in the ringwalls and footings under the tank.We will use them to drag 20 foot pieces of the old steel flooor out where a loader with forks will deposit them in dumpsters.We use them to bring in buck by bucket of many semi loads of sand for the new base to go under the new floor.They then very carefully drag in the new floor pieces to be welded together on top of the new sand .We have 10 or 15 skid-steers. Very handy in low profile areas around the refinery I work at!

nate

Just this weekend I am the proud owner of a bobcat 753 with the 709 backhoe. Already used it to dig out a couple of stumps and plan to start the excavation of a slab for a workshop this new years.

Nate

timtim

currently can't use my skid steer

and tryin to post a thread to get some help, but the site admin wont allow it, so hopefully someone will read this and be able to give me some info. I have a 743b that wont start/run. It is having fuel problems. I have traced the problem back to the tank, and am currently trying to figure out if there is an electric fuel pump or if the fuel system relies purely on compression to keep the fuel moving. The beast died mid plow 2 days ago, 'cause the valve attached to the valve distributor had rattled closed. Opened it back up and the thing ran another 1 1/2 hours and I parked it. I started it yesterday, and she fired right up... let her warm for a few minutes and then tried backin it out, and it died. I have checked everything from the injectors all the way to the tank, removing the fuel filter in the process, and now i can not get fuel back into the line to the filter. I have used compressed air into the tank, to see if it would force fuel down the line, and nothing. I think the problem might be clogged pick up lines or a failed pump, but without a manual or the 75 dollars some people want for one, I am at a standstill. Please help if you know of anything that I can do to solve this issue
Thanks

BLconst

The mans swiss army knife....
Asphalt grinding, concrete breaking, backhoe attachment, grading, the finer the better, sorting rubble, sweeping, asphalt patching.

Best attchment ever: pick up broom and bradco "skelton" bucket

Cat 287b
cat 268b
cat 226b
cat pc 205, bh30, Ub breaker, sweepster broom

139er

Occupation
Operating Engineer
I use mine for firewood processing, site prep for concrete, landscaping, snow removal. All I've got is a heavy duty bucket and pallet forks and a Gehl 4610 with over 3500 hours on it. The possibilities are pretty much endless with these machines, especially with the new tracked machines.

dngrdave2000

I use my 753 for just about anything I can get an attachement for. My neighbour once told me to buy one because there was nothing I could not do with it.. I procrastinated for two years... the brush rake is my top favourite.. it saves me so much sweat when I am clearing parts of my property for new fields.

I also use (if I can rent or borrow the attachements) it for trenching, grading, post hole digging, clearing, concrete pouring, moving materials around, moving earth. The only attachements I have are a grapple and bucket with no teeth. I borrow my neighbours post hole digger, bucket with teeth and trencher from time to time (yeah we lend each other our tools - so cool that we don't each have to buy the same thing). At times I lend him my Case 680k backhoe, Case 4x4 tractor and any other tools.

Top of the hit list this year is a sawmill... top wish list (way too expensive but a much needed/wanted toy for working around the property... a crawler loader) :notworthy

Have fun with your toys boys ;)

View attachment 10763

View attachment 10764

View attachment 10765

Did you get your sawmill? I have the parts to make a 54" circle mill, bought it a few years back but didn't do anything with it and now my Dad has bought a timber king. I have about $3K invested...

dngrdave2000

We have two Case 1845C's and a 1814. Much easier to list what we don't do with them...
a) mow the lawn
b) pick up anything over 3k lbs (for that we use the Hyster)

bobcat753

Right now all I use mine for is snow removal. Have a bucket, blade and snowblower for it. Would love to get into doing some odd jobs with it come spring, not sure what I could do with at attachments I have now and which ones would be the best to do and most versitile.

TD-8

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
how do you use your skid steer?

How do ya'll use your skid steers? I know several people who use them for cleaning out barns or around job sites, but what is their place on your job site?

luke:usa