• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What do you use your skid steer for?

jazak

The small wheel and lack of visibility. I did not feel safe having a crew member in the area but needed them to direct the cutting. This was the CAT grinder. The QuickAttach unit looks like it might be a better tool.

I know a guy who has built his own and is starting production. Everyone that has used them and has bought one off of them love them and say they're WAY better then the ones sold by CAT, Bobcat, Case, etc, etc.

I've used a skid steer for,

~ Rough/final grading
~ Lot clearing
~ Moving brush/logs/firewood
~ Snow removal/plowing
~ Excavating
~ Moving materials

Last edited:

GOINGBROKE

Occupation
Diesel shop owner - truck, farm and heavy equipmen
I use my Cat MTL for one purpose only, the most important reason of all.

..........................TAX WRITE OFF.............................

Now why would someone with the screen name bobcat ron have a Cat? Is it because it was a larger tax write off than a Bobcat?

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
Now why would someone with the screen name bobcat ron have a Cat? Is it because it was a larger tax write off than a Bobcat?

Nope, I switched over to Cat after seeing the glow of the yellow paint and the huge monthly payment savings.

Seaside LPS

I have a Gehl 5640 Turbo I use mine for dirt work, sweeping (parking lots) moving pallets of stone, snow removal off the tops of parking garages. I rent attachments from time to time.
My wish list:
auger with 36" bit
grapple
Harley rake
snow blower

mikef87

Occupation
owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver
I have a Bobcat S250, 553, Cat 226 and 252. We mostly use ours for plowing, but sometimes we'll use one inside a building to grade off and area or to backfill in a tight area.

Attachments:
72" Pickup sweeper
72" Rotary sweeper
72" snowblower
Breaker, Asphalt Milling Machine
48" Snowblower

StPat

We use our 753 for general work around the sawmill, cleaning up sawdust, snow removal, moving cut lumber and logs, etc. Was wondering if anyone has or knows where to get a cross reference between the old model Bobcat designations ( 753,853 Etc) and the new ones (180, 280, etc.)? Don't need a real detailed one, just enough to get an approximation between models.
Thanks
Patrick

williethekidd

What is the best grapple for my S250?

I use my bobcat for brush control, road repair, post hole digging, tree planting, landscaping, drainage, rock moving, beaver dam intervention, and just about anything else.

I need a good grapple, anyone used a quickattach eagle talon or the skidsolution GRX-TREME?

williethekidd

Thank you for that link. Do still feel the same way about the grapple and the company. I was looking at the Talon that they produce, but if the Claw is good enough and tough enough it would save $1000 bucks.

Willie

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I've got two Quick Attach attachments, my grapple rake and snow blower and both have always done everything I've asked. I've had the blower now 7 years and in that time have replaced one coil on the hydraulic manifold and a couple fittings I broke when the hoses got caught in branches. I do sidewalks and have a 10' discharge chute, when I pass under trees occasionally I encounter branches.

The grapple has had one fitting come loose and leak when a hose got caught in some brush and tugged at the fitting. A simple twist of a wrench took care of that.

These attachments are very well built and as I mentioned in the other thread, Quick Attach has been very easy to deal with. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again.

redkat

Use my bobcat for nearly everything.............on my own property........i dont hire out...................over the years i just got sick of ordering hire bobcats........some with good operaters and some not , which would allways be late, sometimes days..............thus i decide just to buy my own.....................best think i ever did! no more waiting, or dodgy operators.

BIGBEN2004

I use mine for just about any thing I can think of doing. They have so many attachments for them they can replace almost any special type of machines and at a better cost. Once you buy a skid steer you really start to wonder how you could live with out it.

redkat

thats if you can get attachments.........................nearly every type of attachment i try to get here i have trouble obtaining..................

bonanno23

Occupation
union drainage foreman, also own a full time lands
I use mine for just about everything, digging small foundations, grading, moving pallets of brick and sod, concrete/asphalt ripouts, demo and the list goes on.

Here's a pic of my newest skid/loader

Attachments

• smaller.JPG
    smaller.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,308

bonanno23

Occupation
union drainage foreman, also own a full time lands
thanks. yeah that bucket is great. it has bolt on cutting edges in 3 spots so there is less damage to the bucket. the pistons are almost double the size compared to my cat 287 with the 4 in 1

icex

I use my cat 236b to just play around with haha.. but if I do a job for someone then its leveling, gravel spreading or filling in. Right now a friend is renting it monthly until he buys one to load gravel and sell it.