• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Welcome!!!

Sierra Leonie

Hi All,

My name is Jeremy currently working in Sierra Leone, with a road construction company.
Im from Australia but live in Zimbabwe.

I was wondering why i cant post new thread questions for help??
Any ideas?

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Hi All,

My name is Jeremy currently working in Sierra Leone, with a road construction company.
Im from Australia but live in Zimbabwe.

I was wondering why i cant post new thread questions for help??
Any ideas?

Because with fewer than three posts, you were a Probationary Member, and didn't yet have the ability to post a new thread. But now you have four. :thumbsup

Welcome to HEF. :)

CBryantCo

Occupation
Jack Of All Trades
Hi, Just want to do a quick intro. My name is Bryan, I am part of a family owned and operated construction company located in the Hartford County (specifically the Farmington Valley area) in CT. I found this site while searching for resources regarding all aspects of equipement and have been a lurker for some time. I figured this looks like a great place filled with knowledgable people who might help me better myself as an operator, owner and co-worker and help me better my company overall, so I ought to join up.
Currently I am focused on the excavation aspect of our business, primarily installing/repairing and maintaining septic systems for homeowners. We run a good range of equipement including
bobcat t300,
kobelco 115sr excavator,
john deere 190 excavator,
volvo ec35 mini excavator,
case 450 dozer,
case590 backhoe,
case1845(?) skidsteer,
and a few volvo vhd triaxles
international (s1900,?)dump truck
a couple of ford 550;s
That said, I am really hoping to learn more than I would if I stuck to the crowd I normally converse with, expanding my horizons so to speak

foxalaska

Another Alaskan. Heavy equipment operator, truck driver, mechanic-welder plus a few other things. Presently in Tanana Alaska. Mechanic and operator for the city, maintenance tech for the school and I maintain the airport for the state.

spratt

We're glad you've found us! Take a few minutes to let us know what your position and experiences are in the heavy equipment industry, and what interests/hobbies you enjoy.

Since I was late in coming up with this forum, existing members are welcome to post as well.

Please put your username in the "Subject Line".

Thanks, and enjoy your stay!

New to the forum. I am Stevanna an affilate with UTi Transport Solutions, I move concrete jersey barriers and heavy equipment. Feel free to contact me via this site about barriers and freight.

wrangler

Hello to everyone on HEF.I live and farm in central Saskatchewan,Canada.My two pieces of yellow equipment are a Cat 60 scraper that I converted to hydraulics from cable,and a Case 580 SL 2.The backhoe is a recent purchase that has some electric issues that I may need some help with.

DustyD

Dusty D

I almost greeted everyone here by saying "Hello HEFers!"

Since the word sounded familiar, I looked up the definition of a hefer and saw it means a young cow.:bouncegri

So, Hello to all of you here on HEF.

My name is Dusty and I have no experience in this industry. I am a 23-year-old trying to find out if I want a career as a heavy equipment operator.

I dont know much about this industry and I am hoping to learn more here.

Hurtin_Albertan

Hello to everyone on HEF. Im in central alberta. I started out as a Equipment operator for a large landscape company, (bobcats, hoes, tractors, Tree-spades, picker trucks) And moved into a Journeyman Electrician. (Hoes, trenchers, scissor / boom lifts, Digger derrick / Bucket trucks) Have a small acerage I maintain / rebuild equipment for myself and family on.

This winters projects are :

Ford 4000 Industrial forklift
IR 80 CFM Rotary vane air compressor
Skyjack SJ006 5-10
An unknown Boom lift??

So im shure I found the right place with a wealth of knowledge (looks that way so far), and hopefully I can spread some back out in return.

CaseCI

Hello there, I am Cristobal from Canary Islands, S-pain :( I recently purchased a 9200 hrs. Case 580K backhoe...no brakes...very little experience with backhoes... is a miracle that I am still alive... hope to be until finished the job I planned.
Next...fix brakes

CaseCI

Hi leon, the bucket stopped me...but going backwards it took a few meters...below;)

This is the first lesson I have learned: to not to get ill, the bucket always down the hill

greetings

leoncgrant

You have to be on your toes when it comes to heavy equipment, you never know when a hose will let go or some one wanders into your work area that isn't paying attention!!! Always remain cool and calm to deal with all the unexpected!! Happy digging!!

biggerhammer

Hi, from BC Canada. Been a HD mech for 7 years, worked for const company with a wide variety of make and models. Worked for another company fleet maintenance building supply company that was also mobile crane dealership. Now field mech for dealership truck and equip dealership. Nice having resources. Altho Im a 1man show in my town working remotely from home base which presents challenges but has alot of freedom. Besides warrenty work have to fill time working on whatever which is how I found this site. I love the idea of sharing service literature. I'm a little hesitant to say who I represent cause I obviously dont want to get in hot water. Anyway I gonna waste more time surfing the threads now, tonns of knowlage to be had here.