• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Welcome!!!

cdfratzog

Hi guys. I'm Chris, from central Pennsylvania, USA. I co-op a small farm with my parents. Have been running farm and heavy equipment for over 30 years. Just bought my first backhoe. A Case 580K that needs a bunch or work. You could say it's a basket CASE. :)

biodiesel

Just a quick hello.I am not a heavy equipment guru.I am an ase certified heavy duty diesel master tech with a very mixed career.30 years ago graduated diesel school and because of heavy trucks needing to be roadtested 25 years with a cdl class A.I own a mobil repair shop and will work on anything.In my years in NY(upstate 25 miles from Albany)I did LOg trucks and skidders,etc.Now in central Tn.I am in the middle of nursery stock country,so farm tractors and skid steers are the order of the day.I have recieved much help and insite already, and look forward to the day when I can be of more help.

dig4me

I don't know much about Forum sessions but with time hope I can become acquainted with how the system functions....

strangedex

strangedex

Hello.

I am in the scrap metal industry. We just took home a P&H Excavator that runs and operates. We have a few other machines as well. This is our second excavator (we have Bobcat 331 mini also). I am mostly looking for info on this machine. I can not find the model number for it. I do believe it has the 6-71 screamer in it. It seems to have really weak track drives. I'm hoping it's operator error and not something serious. All other functions seem to work as designed.

joeeye59

Occupation
A Man with a Backhoe
Hi Max... Where in Florida are you? ...I have a place just South of Daytona Beach which is New Smyrna Beach. I stay there in the Winter being my folks are there.

rasscoe

Hello all, my name is Roscoe. I'm an electrical technician with the power company in the Bahamas. When I'm not taking something apart or tryin' ta fix something or the other, you could probably find me at my favorite pub having a few coldies, and testing whits on the chess board with the other addicts. Up until February 2012, I had zero experience with heavy equipment, so I'm definitely a newbie at this. I bought a CAT 420D IT, as a business venture, and it had been smooth sailin' until two days ago. The otherwise reliable machine refused to start. Anyway while searching the web for info I came across HEF. After browsing through some of the posts and I gat ta say I was impressed. So I decided to join and I'm lookin' forward to learnin' whatever I can . . .

ox_dog

Hi everyone, I'm a mechanic from Tasmania, Australia. Can't remember how I found this site (I've been snooping around for a while now). I'm 28 and been swinging spanners since 16 (for a wage, been wrecking things for alot longer than that). I have had a lot of jobs, worked for Detroit Diesel, a resonable sized civil contractor, mining contractor, hire companies, crane repairer, DBT (now Cat), and screwed together some Terex MT 4400 dump trucks, among other jobs. Doing maintenance at a sawmill at the moment for a change. dont really have time for hobbies at the moment as i am trying to renovate our houseso that takes up all my spare time (and money).

Ox

casecx28

My name is Mickey
Been running a subcompact JD with backhoe and loader for years

I am looking at a mini track hoe, and have a bunch of questions.
Similar to NT, I guess I am planning on taking advantage of a more knowledgeable crew

Mikez

Hello, Mike here, just joined up and looking forward to all the information available. I do dispatch and maintenance, fleet includes 9 Mack dumps, and over 60 pieces of equipment.

joeeye59

Occupation
A Man with a Backhoe
How do I post

Hi tom... I believe you need to reply to a few posts out there that "other people" have posted before you can actually begin your own post on a topic, something like 10 ?? I believe its like a probationary period to safe guard from spamers, etc... Welcome to the forum.., you will find so many great people here... :)

tom0909

OK...thank you.....Thats what I am hopeing for, if its anything like the chevytalk forums it will be a great place to meet people, and ask ????? about the equipment

joeeye59

Occupation
A Man with a Backhoe
When will I know when I can post to ask questions

I'm not sure my friend..., try reading the bylaws, rules and regulations again when you joined, you most likely missed this part...., if you still can't find the info try sending a message to the moderator being I'm not up to date on this... other than that after going back and forth with the people on this forum, try posting when you reach 10.... good luck...

joeeye59

Occupation
A Man with a Backhoe
OK...thank you.....Thats what I am hopeing for, if its anything like the chevytalk forums it will be a great place to meet people, and ask ????? about the equipment

Yes this is the best forum ever!!! I can't thank everyone enough I've corresponded with, especially the good man who showed me where to get filters cheap!!! what a life saver being I'm not pulling down construction money to keep my machine running in great shape...