• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vintage Macks

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
I was reading a book I got from the Sooke Reginal Museum ( The Sooke story ) when I came upon this write up . I have to wonder if this isn't the "Berry" on the vintage Mack I posted . The truck was heading away from the log dump area in Sooke . Being in the " All Sooke Day Parade" or on display that day would seem reasonable . I worked with Tuck Vowles one time and its something he could and would do .scan008.jpg scan021.jpg scan023.jpg

Truck Shop

You sold yours a few years back didnt you? Do you miss it?
Oh sometimes, and sometimes not. It's just one of the many traveled roads in my life.
I will say it was fun to take for a spin on a Saturday afternoon. Unlike other vehicles
cruising along a city street or the four lane people just could not stop looking at it.
I was setting at a intersection waiting for the light to change here in town---two guy's
in a pickup pulled out in front blocking the intersection just to take some I phone pics.
Women just loved the color. I took a little kid for a ride to the park when I took photos,
that kid was just walking around smiling/grinning. His dad says he still tells everyone
about that day.---King of the Hoods.
100_1627.JPG

Pops52

Occupation
Worn out lowbed driver "retired"
Oh sometimes, and sometimes not. It's just one of the many traveled roads in my life.
I will say it was fun to take for a spin on a Saturday afternoon. Unlike other vehicles
cruising along a city street or the four lane people just could not stop looking at it.
I was setting at a intersection waiting for the light to change here in town---two guy's
in a pickup pulled out in front blocking the intersection just to take some I phone pics.
Women just loved the color. I took a little kid for a ride to the park when I took photos,
that kid was just walking around smiling/grinning. His dad says he still tells everyone
about that day.---King of the Hoods.
View attachment 303661
I can guess how the kid felt. I took a friends 5 yr old boy in my 96 Pete when it was still new and he still remembers it! I sold my unrestored 72 10 years ago, still kinda miss it.

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
With that grille it has to be a B73 which is Cummins powered or B75 which is Mack powered.
The B71's were Cummins powered {220's Mainly} but the B71 used the B61 radiator/shell.
The radiator was set forward of front of fenders to accept the longer engine. B71 below.
View attachment 303655
Yes you are right about it is a B73 or B75. But I have seen several B71 where rad and fenders are aligned

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
I found one B71 in Quesnel, BC with forward radiator. That‘s the only one I have seen so yes it it pretty seldom. But how about a W71 as logger and only 215 were build…