• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vancouver Island, BC. Logging at its Best!

Coops 83

Coops 83 Yes I drove for Forshner Bros, truck 114, was one of 6 that they picked up from Terrace area. Trevor and Scotty were a fun bunch to work with back then.
I remember you dad running a Cat 235 when I was there.
Those were the days great west! I noticed the date you said you worked there, that would have been a few years before my dad used to bring me to work with him. So u were probably rite on the drillers names.

Coops 83

I imagine there were quite a few trucks running back then. I believe there all parked now a days. I herd the guy that bought them out lost the contract shortly after aquiring it. If u have any story's/info on the fleet back then I would like to here about it. You could always shoot me pm so we don't boar other viewers on the forum. I here my dad built some Farley steep grade that some guys would have refused to haul on. Although back in the 80s you guys may have still been creaming the lower wood.

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Bruce Wilson , Fletcher Challenge , Renfrew Div. 1st picture is Bill Gorenson Landing Bucker , Bill Howie Grapple Yarder Hook Tender , Stu Smith Grapple Yarder Operator , Bruce Wilson Loading Operator , Mike Ginns Landing Man . Standing in front of some nice Fir Logs , in an area across the "Burnt Bridge" along the Koksilah River . 2nd picture is Bruce Wilson running an American Log Loader ,scan09.jpg scan10.jpg loading Fir logs on to Ron Peters Trucking #15 a P510S Pacific driven by Danny Peters son of the late Ron Peters . This Pacific had a charmed life as long as Danny drove it , he was a very good driver and took very good care of this truck while his family owned it .

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Looks good...That is one of the later trucks after we redesigned the smaller stuff to utilize the Pacific Cab...

49pacific

I've been working on that old pacific a bit. One of the contractors in town here bought both of off him. They are in a real rough shape now hauling off highway in a camp

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Its a real shame the trucks got sold , Danny had them stored at his mothers place for several years , Danny's truck #15 always got a lot of TLC . #14 had a few years of rode hard and put in the barn wet & cold , but had a few years of TLC when Terry Steeves drove it before they got pushed out of Nanaimo Lakes . Both Ron Peters Trucking #14 & #15 were new Fall of 1985 .

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Nice to hear they have survived.The drawings are still available for all the Pacific manufactured parts..

HDX

Island Pacific Logging, Last load of old growth. Then moving the machines to Sarita Shop Yard to await an uncertain future All equipment is for sale.IMG_3791.jpg IMG_3793.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3794.jpg
    IMG_3794.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3800.jpg
    IMG_3800.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 33