• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vancouver Island, BC. Logging at its Best!

HDX

The HDX pulling the tilt deck trailer (posting2645) used for hauling around the deactivation hoe was used by Knute Laine while working for Hayes Forest.Truck was 6-242 from Caycuse That truck went through the famous Chemainus R/B auction and sold to a port alberni contractor that had it cut up. Only wanted to keep the trans and one diff for spare Rest went to Saratoga Ventures and became residue. The tilt deck trailer was also sold and is still kicking around

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Boulder Bill , Timberwest HBO . 1st picture John Elliott waiting to load drivingscan175.jpgscan176.jpg a Western Star Logging Truck leased from Rich Bennett Trucking . 2nd picture is John Elliott getting ready to be loaded driving #41-114 Western Star owned by Timberwest .

Last edited:

dirty4fun

When I lived west of Portland Oregon they were using helicopters to harvest Christmas trees. South around Salem they were using the big Sky cranes and bringing logs over I-5 and dropping them off in a field beside the interstate. Always enjoyable to watch.

wclogger1

Saunders was a huge trucker on the island (Nanaimo BC) for years- slow now as you can see............

Except that they are restoring some of these beauties for the show circuit!
In the last picture, the guy in the white smock is John Souchuk, he was my pre app intructor at VTS, he was tgere or years. Saunders was great as they would bring trucks or components for the students to get some real hands on experience.
Bib Ritchie

callingtheshop

July 20, 2003 009.jpgToquart Approximately July 2003. Rubber caulks, tree branch next to a bridge. Probably a Friday afternoon and a short career loggers resigning statement. And with that, I'm at the end of my photos and going to Yuma tomorrow morning. As Porky Pig said in Looney Tunes, "That's all folks". Thanks for the opportunity and to all who post, thank you, I really enjoy all postings.