• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tree Hugger goes mad .

Iron Horse

All the carvings have plaques like this , it is a very moving experience when they are read and you let yourself be taken back to their time of separation and loss .

Attachments

• IMG_2932.jpg
    IMG_2932.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 378

Iron Horse

Ok , time for a bit of levity .

How do I "adjust" the high quality Chinese radio in my excavator , ahhh , yep , that did it .:D:D:D:D In Bart Simpsons most evil laugh .

Attachments

• Radio problem 001.jpg
    Radio problem 001.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 381
  • Radio problem 002.jpg
    Radio problem 002.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 384
  • Radio problem 003.jpg
    Radio problem 003.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 373

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
Chinese radio "adjust":

Must have worked... I can hear it all the way over where I live... :lmao

Turn it down a little, would you please... :rolleyes:

OCR... :)

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
Thats a....oxymoron...or something...:confused: You said "council" "foresight" and "brains" in the same sentence..:D

i wasn't thinking clearly squizzy, i should have broken it up in to two sentences..

Over here its much better managed...if you want your Mayor to develop some "feelings, foresight and brains" {ie to approve your new canal development} you just whip him 40 G's under the table at lunch.......just don't let your ratepayers find out!:cool2

i quite like that system, at least you would know where you stand and the 40 grand would probably be cheap compared to all the red tape etc when lodging applications the usual way.

Last edited:

Iron Horse

I wouldn't hesitate to give someone a backhander , as doing it straight has got me nowhere . But how do you know who to talk to or how to go about it ? Is it like a Mormons handshake or something ? Or is there a twitch or wink that Ive been missing .:Banghead :D

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
I wouldn't hesitate to give someone a backhander , as doing it straight has got me nowhere . But how do you know who to talk to or how to go about it ? Is it like a Mormons handshake or something ? Or is there a twitch or wink that Ive been missing .:Banghead :D

i dunno reg, i have never been clever enough to know who to bribe or when to bribe some one. i am too shy or scared i guess, i guess i will have to just dream about it.

Iron Horse

Australia , land of drought and flooding rains .........

I started a Government contract on Monday , Tuesday it started raining . Wednesday i got a bad feeling and brought the gear home . Today , Friday they are evacuating Grafton as the Clarence River may top the levy banks and flood the city . It looks like being a 1 in 100 year flood . Things can happen quickly here , 2 months ago we had raging fires .

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
Australia , land of drought and flooding rains .........

I started a Government contract on Monday , Tuesday it started raining . Wednesday i got a bad feeling and brought the gear home . Today , Friday they are evacuating Grafton as the Clarence River may top the levy banks and flood the city . It looks like being a 1 in 100 year flood . Things can happen quickly here , 2 months ago we had raging fires .

dorothea mackellar summed it up pretty well.
i love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains
of ragged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains
i love her jewell horizons, i love her blue sea,
her beauty and her terror, this wide brown land for me.
my apologies to the author for any errors.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
For the first time in my life, today I plowed snow.....no..thats not true...I pushed ice.... with the loader....I swear those hail stones where the size of golf balls.....shoulda seen my compactor man run for it:D

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
dorothea mackellar summed it up pretty well.
i love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains
of ragged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains
i love her jewell horizons, i love her blue sea,
her beauty and her terror, this wide brown land for me.
my apologies to the author for any errors.

Don't go getting all sphillisopffical on us now Pete:rolleyes:. Banjo Patterson get it right...

http://www.bushverse.com/paterson/daceymule.htm

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
do you reckon banjo patterson wrote that ? i may be wrong, i learnt that poem in primary school over 50 years ago, i thought it was dorothea mackellar.

pouring rain here again.

Iron Horse

The Clarence River has topped at 7.38 metres , it topped at 7.75 metres in 2001 . The Levey wall is breached at 7.80 metres , we are hoping the evacuees can come home tonight .

Iron Horse

This is what i want to do to my excavator . I want to fit a tractor PTO driven drum chipper between the tracks at the front , driven by a 400hp horizontal bus engine between the tracks at the rear . The two would be connected with a PTO shaft running through a steel tube cut into the center of the slew ring tower . I want to be able to snap a Camphor Laurel tree off and feed it straight into the chipper which would throw the chips out the side and onto the ground . It would work the same as the dedicated machine pictured but would have the added ability of also falling the tree . I got a silly price off of an Australian company to supply the chipper . Does anyone watching this forum have the ability to supply me with a 400-450mm capacity chipper at a reasonable cost ? Please PM me if you can .

Attachments

• Excavator with chipper.jpg
    Excavator with chipper.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 273
  • 1900.jpg
    1900.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 272

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
This is what i want to do to my excavator . I want to fit a tractor PTO driven drum chipper between the tracks at the front , driven by a 400hp horizontal bus engine between the tracks at the rear . The two would be connected with a PTO shaft running through a steel tube cut into the center of the slew ring tower . I want to be able to snap a Camphor Laurel tree off and feed it straight into the chipper which would throw the chips out the side and onto the ground . It would work the same as the dedicated machine pictured but would have the added ability of also falling the tree . I got a silly price off of an Australian company to supply the chipper . Does anyone watching this forum have the ability to supply me with a 400-450mm capacity chipper at a reasonable cost ? Please PM me if you can .
that looks like an excellent idea reg, what brand is the dedicated machine ?

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
do you reckon banjo patterson wrote that ? i may be wrong, i learnt that poem in primary school over 50 years ago, i thought it was dorothea mackellar.

pouring rain here again.

I wasn't talking about the Sunburnt country...whenever I think of things typical of Australia I think about a wonderful country run by buffoons. Did anybody actually click on the link I posted...BP wrote "when Dacey Rode the Mule"....I was just trying to covertly put a political spin on the thread.:rolleyes:

If you didn't get it...here is the link again:

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
I wasn't talking about the Sunburnt country...whenever I think of things typical of Australia I think about a wonderful country run by buffoons. Did anybody actually click on the link I posted...BP wrote "when Dacey Rode the Mule"....I was just trying to covertly put a political spin on the thread.:rolleyes:

that is a damm funny poem squizzy.
as a kid i learnt another poem, very funny, maybe by patterson,
cant remember much of it, something about a barber shop and the only verse i can recall is something like , their heads were flat, their eyes were dull, they had no brains at all.
my father had a book of australian poetry and used to read us poems from it, sadly i have forgotten most of it.

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business

Woops! I read the poem, but I didn't get the drift from your post, but then I am a bit slow on the uptake sometimes.:eek:
I totally agree with you, it is a wonderful country, but I am concerned about where we are headed, with the current crew at the wheel.

Rn'R.