• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tree Hugger goes mad .

oversize

Occupation
low loader driver
Thank's mate , you think the Case decals will make it go better ?:D

The machine is a 230E , as in 23 tonne . And as it has a 6BT Cummins engine , i was thinking 230E with Cummins Powered below it and put on the Grey area on the engine door . The Volvo it is coppied from has it's model numbers in that place . I also want to get the safety decal kit to keep it OHandS compliant , "keep clear of swing area" etc . I'm told i also need to put , "stay back 300 feet" on the boom . And of course my Iron Horse logo's and phone numbers .

It seems to be there is some new rule to go with OH&S every week and it can be different between job sites, The one i really laugh at is the safety rail round the top of an excavator to stop you falling off when you a working on the motor the only thing is it can stop the cover opening all the way, there also seems to be some rule about a bump rail which just a pices of angle iron weld right around the bottom of top half but i have had to take 2 machines off site to have this fitted too, And don,t get me started about the truck cab is not an approved ROPS

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Thank's mate , you think the Case decals will make it go better ?:D

Cant promise that, but it would be great for the entertainment value in folk trying to work out exactly what it is :D

Iron Horse

This is the artwork for my 1/2 page Yellow pages ad . The background represents Grafton being the Jacaranda city , it should stand out as all the others are just Black on Yellow .

Attachments

• Finished Iron Horse Tree Removal add .jpg
    Finished Iron Horse Tree Removal add .jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 349

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
pass the H2So4,

Stock

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
This is the artwork for my 1/2 page Yellow pages ad . The background represents Grafton being the Jacaranda city , it should stand out as all the others are just Black on Yellow .

Crikey, Iron Horse, you will have to mortgage the "Vol-yang" too pay for it!

Rn'R.

Iron Horse

Vol-yang :D:D:D , i like it . I call my old Volvo truck the Volvadyne , what a pair !!!

The local directories look after me , you should give them a go if they are in your area . The book is smaller and people like it , they refuse to look at the big one now . The 1/2 page for the excavator , an 1/8 page for the tractor and a few line ads costs $4K . Every time i ask someone where they found me , it's always here , never in the newspaper .

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
Vol-yang :D:D:D , i like it . I call my old Volvo truck the Volvadyne , what a pair !!!

The local directories look after me , you should give them a go if they are in your area . The book is smaller and people like it , they refuse to look at the big one now . The 1/2 page for the excavator , an 1/8 page for the tractor and a few line ads costs $4K . Every time i ask someone where they found me , it's always here , never in the newspaper .

looks good reg, shows what your machine can do, i am also a great believer in the yellow pages.

RocksnRoses

Occupation
We used to use the Yellow Pages, but it just got too expensive and we never got got any enquiry from there, anyway. The only advertising we do is on a local business calender, produced by the Apex Club and the rest is word of mouth.

Rn'R.

Iron Horse

Damn , I'm getting good at this , i might sell all the gear and become a graphic (BS:D) artist . This is the artwork for the tractor that runs in conjunction with the excavator .

Attachments

• TL100A with Grapple Rake for Yellow Pages ad  Finished.jpg
    TL100A with Grapple Rake for Yellow Pages ad Finished.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 323

TALLRICK

We have those trees around here, while somewhat a pest they are not as bad as some Australian trees introduced here. There's the australian pine (casurina) tree that was once all along canals and coastlines. The all time worst is the melaleuca which has overtaken thousands of acres of everglades. In my own yard brazillian pepper was everywhere and with my trusty Bobcat I have removed every last trace of it.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
funny how trees that are native to a country are not a pest in thier own country, i guess mother nature knows what she is doing..

Aint that the truth.!

Some bright spark really liked the bright flowers on a plant and brought it back from Japan many years ago.
It went on display at Kew Gardens I believe. Little did they know what they had brought us.
Japanese Knotweed ! where it wont grow and what it wont grow through is nobodys business, a major hazard to any structure. If located on a site the area is immediately fenced off and becomes a no go area while the thing is eradicated. I believe they have found an in situ spray that will kill it after a few treatments but previously I have dug a square metre ( 3 ft ) all aroung a plant the size of a teaspoon and loaded it onto a tipper to go to a special tip many miles away.

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
we have a bad one here called lantana, dont know where it is from, i saw on a website that 4 million hectares ( around 10 million acres) are infested with lantana in NSW, i have it on my property however slowly spraying and killing it.

stock

Occupation
yea we have that bloody knot weed here and what is worse is that flaming giant hogweed ,the one with sulphuric acid in the leaves.

Stock

RocksnRoses

Occupation
It's African Boxthorns for us, a native of South Africa, they were imported to be planted as hedges, same as the hedgerows in England, when the country was first settled. They are not a real bad problem, but they grow fairly prolific in the sandhills around the coastline and any country not farmed. They are a declared noxious weed and at one stage the local Councils declared war on them. A mate and I started a boxthorn removal business using a couple of old feller bunchers with hydraulic grabs, where we could pull the boxthorn bush out in one grab. They were good for working in the sandhill country, with minimal disturbance.

Rn'R.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
we have a bad one here called lantana, dont know where it is from, i saw on a website that 4 million hectares ( around 10 million acres) are infested with lantana in NSW, i have it on my property however slowly spraying and killing it.

The Di.....the Richard..the...craniu....the idiots grow Lantana in their gardens over here. I couldn't believe when I was a kid and came to Perth and saw them growing Arum Lillies in their gardens:
Notes: A common garden plant toxic to stock and humans with fatalities in both recorded. Naturalised on damp land and stream banks in temperate Australia. Arum Lillies thrive on sandy soil with a periodic high water table. A serious weed along creek lines and in wet areas of south western Western Australia.
Arum Lillies are how a young bloke learns how to convert a knapsack sprayer into a flame thrower:rolleyes:

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
It's African Boxthorns for us, a native of South Africa, they were imported to be planted as hedges, same as the hedgerows in England, when the country was first settled. They are not a real bad problem, but they grow fairly prolific in the sandhills around the coastline and any country not farmed. They are a declared noxious weed and at one stage the local Councils declared war on them. A mate and I started a boxthorn removal business using a couple of old feller bunchers with hydraulic grabs, where we could pull the boxthorn bush out in one grab. They were good for working in the sandhill country, with minimal disturbance.

Rn'R.

Is that like Hawthorn?..I saw Hawthorn hedges down the mornington peninsula stop a Drott dead in its tracks. That stuff was tough and horror prickly so a brown dog wouldn't go in it.

stock

Occupation
I couldn't believe when I was a kid and came to Perth and saw them growing Arum Lillies in their gardens: Arum Lillies are how a young bloke learns how to convert a knapsack sprayer into a flame thrower:rolleyes:
zantedeschia_aethiopica_crowborough.jpg

Common Name: Arum lily
Genus: Zantedeschia
Species: aethiopica
Cultivar: 'Crowborough'
Skill Level: Experienced
Exposure: Full sun
Hardiness: Hardy
Soil type: Moist, Boggy
Height: 90cm
Spread: 60cm
Time to divide plants: March to May
Flowering period: May to June

Arum lilies make striking architectural plants with large, glossy foliage which, in late spring and early summer, is joined by large, white, hood-shaped flowers. These are popular for cutting. The plants look best grown beside water, in shallow pond margins or a bog garden, where they associate well with other water plants. They can also be grown in damp borders with other moisture lovers. In cold regions or when early flowers are wanted for cutting, grow in large pots of rich compost in an unheated or frost-free greenhouse. The Royal Horticultural Society have given it their prestigious Award of Garden Merit.

Do not think my mum would agree with you Squizzy she like them in her garden.Why the flame thrower conversion?

Last edited: