• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Track Cleaning Tool

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
Billdookie is what I thought it was called. Whatever you call if you need to use it all fun has stopped....except for those watching.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
In the US called Mudholes, for allowing squishy materials a way out as the sprocket rolls it in. Do not understand why as the rails are open to the sides when the sprocket rolls in. My donor tractor had them torch cut into the shoes. And we call it 'Bulldookie' as in a semen specimen!!

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Look up snowpads at Caterpillar. You can buy them from Cat with snow holes in the pads. Both round and square versions over the years. Has been an option for more than 75 years. Tough to be without them in the snowy woods.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
I'm not sure I get the forks on a skid steer idea? I'm talking about the track frame, and idlers, all the little nooks, and crannies. Well below freezing, pushing topsoil, and sand, I get a build up of the squishy mud. It is so fine, a handful I can squeeze, it extrudes like wet Play Do. I have nothing in my hand. Under the top layer of squishy, is frozen. It takes effort with a shovel , or digging bar to break it free.

Willie

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Here's the only way to go. A couple of summers ago my wife wanted some big spruce trees taking out of the yard. I said OK if she cleaned the tracks when I was done. Our dog Axle Grease inspected the job and walked away in disapproval.

IMG_0251.JPG IMG_0255.JPG IMG_0260.JPG IMG_0261.JPG

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Least she was trying and got dirty! Most would not do that, lucky guy. Rail cleanup is not fun, takes effort and time but it need be done soon as done for a day. I let my loader go a week and had grass growing in and around the idler yoke recoil rod so back to clean up each and every time. Won't ever get it all but the majority removed saves issues later.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
My wife is great. She did get a little POed when I told her that Axle Grease did not find it acceptable. You guessed right if you figured I had to finish from that point.

Metalman 55

Well there OIH..........you could at least buy that nice lady a new track shovel for Valentine's day & make sure it has a RED handle on it!!:D Here is the proof that you can get them with red handles! 20170204_114755.jpg

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Her birthday is tomorrow, Valentines Day 2 days later, and our anniversary is 2 days after that. Either I remember them all or I am in deep sh*t. She is getting ruby(red as you said) necklace and ear rings for birthday and Valentines day. For our anniversary we normally get a larger joint gift. Today we picked up a new fancy Hummingbird ice fishing graph with GPS and all the other options.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
If that kind of romantic don't melt her heart, nothing will!

Seriously, I've told this story before, probably here, if so, I'm sorry: I was working with a group of the crustiest bastards you've ever met. I needed a gift for Mrs. B. At lunch I asked advice. The oldest, crustiest SOB in the group said: "I just go into one of those flower shops." I said I wouldn't expect him to know what to ask for. He said: "I just ask for something with blossoms".

I decided to try it. They were all closed by the time I left work. I had to come up with another idea, and I'm not good at that.

Days later, I was passing a roadside produce stand. They had these posies about four feet tall in five gallon buckets, Gladiolas? They were $.75 each! $20. bought a whole bucket full! There are about 6 big blossoms per stem. The lady who sold them to me wrapped them in green tissue paper. I went home, found the cleanest bucket I could, and set it up real nice, wrapping the tissue paper around the bucket.

She walked through the door, froze still, and started to cry.

I never have figured women out! Total mystery! Now, every year I get her another twenty dollars worth.

Willie

Oh, the old crusty SOB I mentioned buys his late seventies wife a new tire for her wheelbarrow to haul wood. He lives in a pine forest, cleared just enough trees to put in the house. Fifty years later these trees are over mature. One by one they die. He cuts one by climbing to the top, and tying a rope. His wife pulls the rope while he cuts the tree. He worried about her, she's not as fast as she used to be. Valentines Day he bought her a longer rope. Now she doesn't have to run as far.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
If that kind of romantic don't melt her heart, nothing will!

Seriously, I've told this story before, probably here, if so, I'm sorry: I was working with a group of the crustiest bastards you've ever met. I needed a gift for Mrs. B. At lunch I asked advice. The oldest, crustiest SOB in the group said: "I just go into one of those flower shops." I said I wouldn't expect him to know what to ask for. He said: "I just ask for something with blossoms".

I decided to try it. They were all closed by the time I left work. I had to come up with another idea, and I'm not good at that.

Days later, I was passing a roadside produce stand. They had these posies about four feet tall in five gallon buckets, Gladiolas? They were $.75 each! $20. bought a whole bucket full! There are about 6 big blossoms per stem. The lady who sold them to me wrapped them in green tissue paper. I went home, found the cleanest bucket I could, and set it up real nice, wrapping the tissue paper around the bucket.

She walked through the door, froze still, and started to cry.

I never have figured women out! Total mystery! Now, every year I get her another twenty dollars worth.

Willie

Oh, the old crusty SOB I mentioned buys his late seventies wife a new tire for her wheelbarrow to haul wood. He lives in a pine forest, cleared just enough trees to put in the house. Fifty years later these trees are over mature. One by one they die. He cuts one by climbing to the top, and tying a rope. His wife pulls the rope while he cuts the tree. He worried about her, she's not as fast as she used to be. Valentines Day he bought her a longer rope. Now she doesn't have to run as far.

That is awesome. Maybe I could get his old rope for an anchor.

Metalman 55

Well now, all you guys shamed me into doing this! I would really much rather spend this money on food!:D It make somebody real happy though.Roses.jpg

old-iron-habit

Occupation
What a romantic. Is that a Duncan Fife table with the lamp on it? I got the wife one after I seen her drooling over it a few years ago. Brownie points are good once in a while. Oops, sorry for pulling this post astray.

Metalman 55

Is that a Duncan Fife table with the lamp on it?

Re the table.......I don't know much about furniture, but do know that it came from my grandfathers place after they gave up housekeeping some 38 years ago. It is walnut I know that much, but don't know much more about it. I almost think it may have been made by someone in the family way back.