• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

This is why all of us need good insurance!!!

Dirt Dogg

Occupation
Owner/Operator
7:30 am
Thursday morning my day didn't start out so well. The transmission on the lowboy truck to a crap when I was moving the last machine onto the job site. I managed to get there at 25 mph, so with that weighing on my mind I wanted to get started making money rather than spending it.
11:45am
After doing some exploratory digging with the excavator we had a plan of attack, so I decided to back fill the trenches before we went to lunch because it was starting to rain and didn't want the trenches to fill with water.
12:00
Enjoying lunch at the local greasy spoon
1:00pm
Show up to the job site to find this.

Its unknown what happened to cause this. The machine was only operated approx. 5 mins that morning so your guess is as good as mine.
Altorfer Cat gave an est. of $140,000 to fix it, but as of this point the insurance company hasn't decided what they are going to do.

Remember to pay them premiums no matter how much it hurts!

http://www.galesburg.com/news/x325176137

Attachments

• PICT0001.jpg
    PICT0001.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 706
  • PICT0014.jpg
    PICT0014.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 709
  • PICT0020.jpg
    PICT0020.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 706

DigDug

Sorry to hear that dirtdog - It seems its always one thing after another in this business. Keep your head up and give it hell tommorow. Glad you had insurance.

Dirt Dogg

Occupation
Owner/Operator
Nedly05, ya I found a site that is super easy to use, 30 day free trial, and cost very little so I thought I would give it a shot. Some people have told me the background made it hard to read, did you have a problem?

Going out this morning to push it onto the lowboy to get it to the dealer for a closer look.

637slayer

Occupation
scraper hand
they say things happen for a reason, hopefully somewhere down the line some good luck will come back to you, hopefully, i was wondering the same as rop was the master on?

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
X2 or at least one that new one of the old 9Hs I ran caught fire monthly.