• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The Sad Side Of Trucking

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
it is spring and time to pop the old tires off the rims. after 14 tires, my back is sore and the BEER tastes great, LOL

thansk

Attachments

• tires may 2 2007.jpg
    tires may 2 2007.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,646

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
I'm guessing there is only one way for the KoO to brake down a tire, by hand? I hurt just thinking about it.:drinkup

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
yes i'm the KING OF OBSOLETE so it is the old fashion way. to beam them up, i borrow buddy barry's tire blaster. LOL

the BEER is now starting to take the PAIN away, LOL

thansk

wrenchbender

King, I can feel your pain I used to break tires down the same way. Now I use oak boards & 4X4's placed carfully on the tire and run'em over with anything I have that's heavy enough to break the bead. Beats the heck out of swinging the hammer mind you there is still some hammer work even this way.

Dieselglory

Occupation
Garbageman F/T Snowpowing and Sealcoating P/T
king i can see why you do this the way you do maybe a couple pieces of equipt. you bite the bullet and get R done, but the comp i work for, a garbage company with roughly 70-80 trucks have an 65 yr old man do them all by hand. hammer and bar method poor guy what a work ethic though,... anyway i admire your spirit to keep on keepin on... Ron:drinkup

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
thansk, no way i could do that many tires for that many vehicles, it would be drunk every night, LOL

milk up here is $7.00 a gallon, and 12 of beer in bottles is $19.00 it is the same everywhere in the province. the government wants to keep us drunk.

thansk

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
buying them is not bad as long as they are bald when you change them out. sad part is changing a tire that is 2 weeks old and the driver or so called driver cut the side wall right out of it. in canada you can not take the tire of his pay check. the fellow can wreck everything you own and nothing you can do about it.

ok, i'll get of the soapbox, LOL

thansk

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
oh i had an employee do that too. just mount 4 brand new loader tires on my little 922 cat loader. the fellow drove it out of the shop and turned and side wall cut the tire and it went flat right now. then he did want to stay and help mount the old bald tire back on the rim because his girlfriend wanted him home. the tire was scrap because the tire shop would not do a repair, it was a big cut and he drove over something very big too.
i figured out very soon that if you are unemployed and wanting a job there is a reason why you are unemployed. in the great white north there are a lot of people that don't want to work, when they do work they work until they get enough for unemployment insurance then don't show up for work. i found i make better money as the KING OF OBSOLETE selling my book and underwear on the internet then when i had 6 guys wandering and i mean wandering around, LOL.

oh i better get off the soapbox, somebody better hide the soapbox so i don't get back up on it for the next reply, LOL

thansk

Dano50

At least you've got a great work ethic. :drinkup

Please tell me you don't really sell your underwear on Ebay. I mean, who would buy them???:eek:

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
i'm pleased, i have not had a real job in 10 years, i making a living as the KING of OBSOLETE, LOL

the website gets over million hits a month which is not bad.

thansk

Serv

At least the tires in the pics are tubeless. I'd feel alot more sorry for you if they were tube type :D

As for the cuts in the sidewall, rather than throwing those away you can send them to the nearest recap plant and have them fixed. If not, I can teach you how to fix them (if they are within repairable limits). We've been vulcanizing truck tires every day now for over 11 years. ;)