• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Td18

kennymopar

cool so those numbers mean something? (were the only numbers i could easily find without using wirebrush or sandpaper to make sense of the engine numbers or something).. dozer reskinned? .. .. it has a logging winch & a smaller winch for the blade connected via chain the owner says when used it doesnt stop (thats why he has the cable for the blade disconnected).. rest of dozer looks good for its age excellent pins/chains etc ..has hydrolic assist for the steering clutches..doesnt seem to be a 181 0r 182 series (hasnt the "boxed" track frames).. the old girl is going for $4500 ..apparently thats scrap value ..shes about 100 miles from my fathers property where i will park her so i can play with it

cheers ken

JimInOz

Hi Ken,
The 14s & 18s weren't as common here as the 5,6 & 9 machines.
There are very few parts suppliers ,so you'll pay good $$ for parts,unless you can locate one in the bush somewhere.They are more common in NSW/Qld outback places,I think.
I sell parts for the smaller IH machines,but rarely get parts requests for 14s & 18s....& few get offered to me.
Could have bought a good going (hydraulic blade) 18 a few years ago for $6500...
I think scrap prices dropped recently...last I heard was $250 tonne for small lots.

Jim

hardtail

Sounds like it might be a mismatch:beatsmehydraulic steering boosters first appeared on 181 series but they had boxed track frames and an oil bath......hows it running a real winch and CCU.........CCU off the front? But then you wouldn't need pipe and cable from the back........pics required:D:D

kennymopar

i forgot to take pics :~ best way i can describe the old girl is has a hydrolic resevoir at rear of motor,then the pump front side of motor.with the hoses going to the rear to the steering clutches..the petrol tank is up towards the front of the motor .. still has the twin exhaust stacks ...if its a 1952 model then im guessing its bordering on the first of the 181 series?(whenever they first came out) .. cheers ken

hardtail

Yup that sounds like the booster setup, 181 started in 1955, gas tank was mounted just in front of the booster reservoir to the rear of the engine, are the floorboards sunken down abit with the air cleaner in the center of the dash or the floor is flat all the way across??

pjsparksy

Hi Ken,
The 14s & 18s weren't as common here as the 5,6 & 9 machines.
There are very few parts suppliers ,so you'll pay good $$ for parts,unless you can locate one in the bush somewhere.They are more common in NSW/Qld outback places,I think.
I sell parts for the smaller IH machines,but rarely get parts requests for 14s & 18s....& few get offered to me.
Could have bought a good going (hydraulic blade) 18 a few years ago for $6500...
I think scrap prices dropped recently...last I heard was $250 tonne for small lots.

Jim

Jim, i am also in australia, looking for a waterpump for a TD18A not sure if you be able to help, or able to tell me what waterpumps would fit, eg. do TD18-182 pumps fit on the older models. its looks like the pump has a casting number of 251208R2, engine number is TDRM36487.
Cheers,
Paul

Dr. Ernie

Hardtail, you forgot to mention that the 14 was backed out of the way AFTER it pushed the 18...........

To clear things up a bit, their was basicly 5 versions of the 18, the first was a short production run the the earlie 18 a easy way to id it was the air cleaner was under the hood on the left side (as viewed from the seat) near the fire wall. It had a sunken floor operator station. The next version, the 18 had the air cleaner in the operator station, as did the 18A, again the platform was sunken. Their is a few small changes between the 18 and 18A oil filters is one, but they could be upgraded, something to keep in mind. The 181 had a square box air cleaner under the hood on the side, it also had a flat platform. The 182 finaly got rid of the dual stacks...it became a SINGEL stacker, the air cleaner was a square box under the hood as the 181, and had a flat platform. and for the record ALL 18's had oil bath air cleaners (factory equiped).

And one more thing SINGELS are COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:notworthy

hardtail

Yes the plate will read TD18A 181, 181 was the second last series of the TD18's run, years will be 1955/6. Any luck on finding that waterpump?

You have the last REAL dual stacker..........LOL