• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TB153FR Interference prevention, decel, and 2 speed issues

suladas

Can't figure out why my boom won't go up all the way, boom is all the way to the right can hear hydraulics cut out, I tested the wires to underneath the cab all have continuity, fuse is good. I'm not sure how to test those 3 sensors though? Could I swap them? It doesn't matter which bucket I select it raises to the same point I can cycle back and forth 10 times no difference. It goes up to where it would hit the cab if it was to the left so the interference is working somewhat.

Also the auto decel, doesn't and has never worked, other then fuses i'm not even sure where to start?

If tracks are up in the air 2 speed will work, but if on the ground it will instantly kick out, light comes on/off with switch. I believe from what I found so far is there is a solenoid by the pump, the other one is for the arm lockout? (which doesn't work either).

heymccall

The "S L M" switch.

Everytime you start the machine, it defaults to "wide" (M).

You must cycle the the switch fully CW, then fully CCW, then select S or L depending on how wide your bucket is.

Screenshot_20211215-185716_Drive.jpg Screenshot_20211215-185740_Drive.jpg
I can only assume that you don't have an operator's manual.
One is linked below...

Attachments

• Takeuchi-TB153-TB180-operator-manual.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 4

suladas

Perfect thanks. For the interference I checked the fuse and it's good, I know before I tried a few times using the proper procedure, I will have to try again though. The position it stops is definitely at M though. I will have to try the decel again, didn't know it worked like that.

suladas

Tried interference again, and boom still stops. Definitely something wrong that won't let it select anything other then M. Auto decel same thing no go, this one it wouldn't hurt to have it working but if it's going to be expensive or super time consuming i'll just leave it alone. Is there any other relays or fuses other then right side of inside cab or by battery? I swear searching the manual I seen another spot before but I can't find it now and I can't see anywhere they would be on the machine. I noticed there is 2 sets of sensors, would both of them be possibly causing this or just one?

doublewide

....the auto decel, doesn't and has never worked, other then fuses i'm not even sure where to start......

For decel (it's not automatic).....

My 2012 TB153FR has, or had auto decel.

Manually raise engine steed with hand throttle, start the engine, let it warm up for a while and it will automatically decelerate, regardless of the position of the hand throttle.

I noticed recently that it is not working as it used to....

suladas

Figured out interference issue, when I removed boom and stick to replace pins last year I left off the plate that pushes up the sensors on the house, not remembering what it was for, it works now. The decel i've tried a bit more and no luck, not too worried about it.

Would like to figure out 2 speed issue though.

suladas

My machine has one speed, painfully slow.

Does the 2 speed not work or just not option?

My light has always went on/off with button, but it kicks speed down immediately. If I have both tracks in the air it will stay in high speed fine though.