• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Skid Steer + CTL Pictures!

Mark13

Here's some pictures of my TL230 all cleaned up and ready to go pick up bales.

20140710_171817_RichtoneHDR_zpszav75pag.jpg
20140709_182852_zpsgkqq72xa.jpg
20140709_182837_zpslncbvsvn.jpg
20140709_172005_zpstopvmxck.jpg

Last edited:

Stick Pro

Traded 262C2 for 262D.

Everyone likes the D quite a bit. The EH controls are a lot better and everyone seems happy with them, actually enough said they turned the sensitivity down. I guess I kind of got used to the C series lack of response and it didn't bug me for a lot of tasks. The D is pretty jumpy and since I tend to drive around with the stick forward and just use the pedal to control speed, it takes some getting used to now that they have a different motor with electronic control. Nice not having to deal with cables for the pedal getting sticky.

The cab may not look very different on them, but as I mentioned in the write up I did awhile back there is not much that stayed the same. Lots of little features that are nice, but overall its silent as far as skid steers go. Quiet enough to have bluetooth radio that you can actually use. Does help to use the locks that press the windows tight together. The ass end is taller but the view out the window is better even though you can't see as much behind you. Backup camera helps though but takes some getting used to. I am a bit worried that the camera will get hit by something. It sits basically flush with the door in the 2" hole but well see. May stick a black branch deflector mount for semi running lights around it if it doesn't obstruct the view. The high back seat is a nice touch but I still think the heater switch sticks out way too far. Very easy to bump on accident and thats not a nice feeling in the middle of summer. Liking the new cooling system design with airflow through door and A/C condensor mounted there for easy cleaning. New HVAC is much more powerful. Level one feels like the C series maxxed out. The electric quick attach is slow and it worries me due to the history electrical mechanisms and manure have but maybe this one will be different. They are quite a bit lighter on the front end too. The demo machine with no bucket would wheelie without trying, but this machine with the Tweels on it helps. Still touchy but the extra couple hundred pounds from the Tweels helps. Overall though its went over pretty well with everyone who has ran it so far and thats not easy.

View attachment 121359

View attachment 121356

View attachment 121357

View attachment 121358

Did you get the security lock on your machine. We are going to get our installed next week, I have a few questions before we get it installed. One person was saying you can not take off the security code, you have to enter the code every time you go to start your machine. If that is the case I do not know if I want this option.

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
Did you get the security lock on your machine. We are going to get our installed next week, I have a few questions before we get it installed. One person was saying you can not take off the security code, you have to enter the code every time you go to start your machine. If that is the case I do not know if I want this option.

I'm confused with what you are asking. My 289D has an option as part of the standard display in the machine to set a security code. You don't have to take to CAT to have it installed .....you can set your own code directly from the seat of your machine and use it each time or disable right from the seat of the machine.
You totally lost me on what your asking or attempting to do. No need to have anything installed to my knowledge.

Stick Pro

I'm confused with what you are asking. My 289D has an option as part of the standard display in the machine to set a security code. You don't have to take to CAT to have it installed .....you can set your own code directly from the seat of your machine and use it each time or disable right from the seat of the machine.
You totally lost me on what your asking or attempting to do. No need to have anything installed to my knowledge.

Our machine came with the advanced display, but the machine security was not installed on our display, cat said bring it in and they will load it on my machine. Then I can lock my machine with a pas code, but I have herd I can not turn the machine lock on and off. I do not want to have to enter a code every time I start my machine, I just want to use it when I leave it on a job. Thanks for all the help.

pafarmer

Occupation
Our machine came with the advanced display, but the machine security was not installed on our display, cat said bring it in and they will load it on my machine. Then I can lock my machine with a pas code, but I have herd I can not turn the machine lock on and off. I do not want to have to enter a code every time I start my machine, I just want to use it when I leave it on a job. Thanks for all the help.

Ahhhhh. Now I understand...once set you need to enter it each and Everytime or disable it and reset it at the end of the day.fairly simple to set, change, disable....I like the feature myself. I set mine and enter the code and off you go....really not a big deal once you get used to using it....I have assigned each of my guys their own code and that allows me to limit machine parameters and track each operator in terms of usage and how they actually operate the machine. Keeps my guys from acting the fool when they know the owner can see axactly how they run it, how long they ran it and various other functions and features. Great for busting their ass with the data in provides too....great feature....

Last edited:

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
I worked on a small pond dig this past week. The Case ran great (thank God!). The pond was located at the bottom of two small feeder canyons. No way to use a dozer on this one, loader work all the way. Pockets of four different types of clay, caliche, sand...and three burn pits in the dig to clean out. Buried the junk, sand to an arena and clays blended and used for the dam core. I had a feeling that this was going to be a pain, so to cover myself I gave them a daily rate instead of my usual bid.
AL10.jpg

durallymax

Had to mow a bunch of thistles today in pastures. The ledge its sitting on is the width of the SSL, it was where they were going to run train tracks over 100 years ago. They stopped part way and chose a different path. Theres still a spot from where the steam shovel sat too with a bowl all around it.

20140711_235832_zpspcdblbj8.jpg

20140712_122848_zpsu3qplyxu.jpg

The way I understand it, once activated it stays activated however when you shut the machine off you can override the lockout by pushing the X and the machine will stay unlocked for 15 minutes. I don't have it activated on ours so I don't know much else about it. pafarmer would know more. The book does not explain it well, the only reason I knew the override was because of a video I saw awhile back.

If you don't want to deal with all of that, just put a shutoff in the back and lock the rear door. You can lock the front door too and 90% of the people who may steal it will not. The other 10% will find a way no matter what. If you have a lot of the 10% in your area then I would use the security system. Theres only a few people within than 10% that will still take your machine because it would require a winch bed or something large to pick the machine up.

Looks fantastic JNB ! So happy you had a trouble free day with your Case.

x2

Lil' Puss

I worked on a small pond dig this past week. The Case ran great (thank God!). The pond was located at the bottom of two small feeder canyons. No way to use a dozer on this one, loader work all the way. Pockets of four different types of clay, caliche, sand...and three burn pits in the dig to clean out. Buried the junk, sand to an arena and clays blended and used for the dam core. I had a feeling that this was going to be a pain, so to cover myself I gave them a daily rate instead of my usual bid.
View attachment 121447
I know all about caliche and hate it. Around here most contracts have a caliche clause. Good job you're doing there.

JNB

Occupation
Thanks for the compliments guys.

I figured that one 18" overflow pipe would be enough for the dam. What I didn't figure on was getting over 10" of rain in the area over the last 12 hours. This is Texas for gosh sakes...we're not supposed to see any rain this time of year! I knew that there wasn't enough freeboard above the pipe and also wanted to pour concrete pipe collars, but I was on the customer's budget and ran out of time. I had planned to go back when the customer had funds for another day of work and add another couple of feet to the top of the dam. The water almost washed the pipe out of there and went over the top of the dam. I'm thinking that another 18" pipe wouldn't be a bad idea. I'll load some more pics when its finished.

At my place we had over 9" of rain in the same amount of time. My pond is fed by two 18" culvert pipes at one end of my road frontage and another single 18" at the other. We had so much rain at one time that the 5' deep bar ditch on the other side of the road overflowed the road above the culvert pipes. I had a 12" deep river running down my trailer access driveway and 4' of water in my (as yet) unfinished basement. Nothing damage, but I've had a 2" pump running for the last 9 hours. What a day!

JNB

Occupation
What upside down pics are you referring to Hock? ;)

Knowing the type of work you do, I think those idlers will end up working out better. I'm really interested in your opinion of the tracks after a bit of work.

pafarmer

Occupation
thanks for that ... it is a nice toy
looking at possibly putting a ' uemme ' blade on the front ... still undecided , either that or a grader attachment

cheers

OK, you will need educate me on a uemme blade my friend.....I really like the TAK TL12 machine. I ran one last week for a day and half and it's a powerhouse for sure.....

rockman

OK, you will need educate me on a uemme blade my friend.....I really like the TAK TL12 machine. I ran one last week for a day and half and it's a powerhouse for sure.....

1373349.jpg

a blade attachment like this with a dual garde laser system
my rear mounted rippers should turn up later in the week , to be fitted early next week

hmearth

Rockman

Nice set up what 6in1 blade is that.
Looking at the back ground you up near cairns.
A pic of your rippers be good when you get them on